Apollo 13 LM-7 Aquarius / UHU02

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by mk310149, May 13, 2014.

1. mk310149

mk310149 SpaceModeler

How you know, UHU02 has shared his wonderful model of the LM-7 Aquarius/Apollo 13
    I have downloaded this, printed in size A3 and built it as a special "Cut-model" in this way, that I built the complete inner parts and made the outer skin as a partial skin, cut out any openings, so that you can see all the parts inside the LM.
    So this wonderful model now is completed. A few views, and also opened recently in comparison with the smaller (1:48) model of U-DON'S FACTORY.
    So you can see, that my A3 printout is fairly 1:24.
    I have not counted the individual parts, the numbering goes up to 377, but the average to each number is 3-5 parts - a total of over 1200 parts ......

DSC02260.JPG DSC02261.JPG DSC02262.JPG DSC02263.JPG DSC02264.JPG DSC02265.JPG DSC02266.JPG DSC02267.JPG DSC02270.JPG
  2. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Absolutely wonderful! A great tribute to an unforgettable era! :)
  3. Dave Palace

Dave Palace New Member

Great job! Cant wait to try that one.
  4. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

5. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

great build! uhuo is just too much! whatta great model. I wish he would do an old romulan tube ship, and a romulan bird of prey and of course a tos d-7. just to see them done right. he was the first great modeler I was referred too when I started. then I saw ron's enterprise and lis chariot and then gary p's stuff on dieglos web site. those are fond memories. uhou really gave us the lem in outstanding detail with this one. nice clean build too. thanks!
  6. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

A stunning build of the latest masterpiece.
  7. mk310149

mk310149 SpaceModeler

Thank you all for the compliments!
    I am very happy.
  8. uhu02

uhu02 Active Member

Great work!
    It is a beautiful finish polite.
    I'm glad that you enjoyed.:)

Cheers to glory days of Apollo in 1960s and your Aquarius.

(sorry bad English)
    zathros and Revell-Fan like this.
  9. mk310149

mk310149 SpaceModeler

Thank you very much, uhu02, I'm very glad for your words!
    You have made a really wonderful design, so that's a honor to build this!
    (my english is also not so good, I'm from Germany...)
    zathros likes this.
  10. Sergio Santilli

Sergio Santilli New Member

This is great work. I'm about to finish the X-Wing model from uhu02 and all I can said is that he is the BEST modeler I have known. I would like to have the chance of try another of his models
    zathros likes this.
  11. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

MK3, you knocked this one out of the ballpark!! Superb, visionary. I love it! :)
  12. Sergio Santilli

Sergio Santilli New Member

@uhu02 I just noticed that you freed the links to the Apolo 13 LM again.
    This will provide me with a lot of hours of fun and I'll really enjoy mounting this PERFECT model you created.
    Thanks man. You ROCK!
    greetings from Argentina
    zathros and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Tintin fan

Tintin fan New Member

This is magnificent! Such detail. Congratulations!
  14. mspacemike

mspacemike New Member

Wonderful display of an exciting subject. Enjoyed the posted pictures. It appears to not have suffered any from the increase to A3 size.
  15. moradin

moradin New Member

Just found it, ultra beautiful! So much details :woot:

Kudos Uhu02!!!
  16. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Perfect job, fantastic! We have got a chance to look at the interior components of LM. This one is really bigger than mine (U-DON's 1:48). Good job & thanks for sharing sir.;)
  17. buck

buck New Member

Hi SpaceModeler,
    Many congratulations on a superb build, what a tribute to the remarkable skills of UHU02.
    Great to see you decided to section your model. LM was an amazing piece of engineering and all built using slide rules and feet and inches !!
    Wonderful work......
  18. mspacemike

mspacemike New Member

Doing any of the mods to increase accuracy with Uhu02 kit? Would love to them as well. Still love to look over your build each time.
  19. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

I've starter working on a miniature lift off engine. I figure with the different in size, I should be able to get it to launch 3 or 4 miles!!
  20. rgmarine

rgmarine New Member

Outstanding work. Beautiful detail.