Apollo 13 display model

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by littlemodeler, Aug 27, 2007.

1. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

this is my current build. not yet finished, still needs the fine details. Dsc01664(1).jpg Dsc01666.jpg
  2. George B

George B Senior Member

3. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Looks cool - nice job!
  4. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

very very nice, how long has it taken so far? looks very detailed as it stands?
  5. gpw

gpw Member

That´s a very very nice model. Great display. :thumb::yep::thumb::yep:

In which scale did you built it ? Looks like Udon´s lunar modul in 1:48.

6. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Very well built....Nice way of using Udon's LEM and Carl's Apollo CSM

7. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

yeah, i thought u-don's LEM would go perfectly with sir carl's csm. they're both excellent models and i have to give credit to their designers. so far it has taken me almost a month (been quite busy) but i've only worked on it say an hour or two a day. i still need the attitude thrusters and the highgain antenna and some extra details.:D
  8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Very Nice!

I am impressed!!!

9. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

yipe!!! and its still not finished yet? Oh my!!!

Odyssey and Aquarius never looked so good together!!! :-D
  10. Gazer

Gazer New Member

Very nice work!!! Can't wait to see the finished product.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  11. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Never thought of scaling the LM down and joining the two together
    Great Work........

12. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

I scaled sir Carl's CSM to 1:48, i'm almost done, just need to finish the attitude thrusters. but with my first year of highschool comming in less than a week, i've been too busy to continue with the build. i hope i can find the time within the next two weeks to finish it:D
  13. Mercsim

Mercsim Member

littlemodeler should save the above post as a quote to put on his resume one day. In one sentence he/she (sorry) has demonstrated the ability to articulate a complex subject, carry out an engineering modification (scaling), prioritize tasks (fun from school), and demonstrate a historical knowledge of one of the most significant events of modern times that is NOT usually taught in school (which is a shame).

Other readers should re-look at the photo above to see the workmanship and the stand keeping in mind this young modeler is starting High School!

If you ever need a reference, let me know. We need more young adults like you if we are ever going to reach for the stars...

Please show this to your parents.

Scott Todd
    Senior Aerospace Engineer
    Experimental Test Pilot
  14. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Thank you for that comment. My goal is actually to follow the steps of the brave heroic men and women of the space program and to be a part of the space agency. my room is actually decorated with memorials and models (all paper) commemorating the achievements and trageties of endeavours to space. My dream is to fly to the Moon someday, and i've been working hard in school for that. I thank God for the talents and achievements i have recieved. LOL i hope to be the first person to solve a Rubik's cube on the moon:D
  15. jaeike

jaeike Member

Couldn't have said it better! The world needs more people like you. Great work! :thumb:
  16. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Your'e not alone in your ambitions my friend... I'm also working towards that same goal today, and with my college graduation coming up next year, it will provide another giant leap towards this goal...

keep it up pal!!! Hope to see you solve that rubik's cube on the moon!!! :-D
  17. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

phew...first two weeks of highschool over and done with...and i still haven't found the time to complete the iny details:cry: hopefully i'll be done by the end of this month. so far i've only joined a robotics club which is totally cool. i'm thinking of recommending a start of a paper modeling club...now that would be cool. anyways i gotta go do some homework, hope to finish it sometimes soon:mrgreen: