anyone use the ld3 or cd3

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by jwhert, Oct 19, 2005.

1. jwhert

jwhert New Member

im lookin for a drift car, i heard something about these haveing gear diffs and that might not work for drifting, but i dont understand why, could someone explain if this is true or not, and why

also, just wondering if people in general like these cars
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Im not a big fan of those cars, but im all for the use of those. I perfer AE and HPI for life.... but thats just me :roll: :wink:

Gear diffs. This means poo poo caca! Any kind of diffrentals will work, it just may be a little harder or differnt then some. But, IMO, i lock ALL the diffs i play with, so it doesnt bother me at all. So yes they are useable, just may take some getting used to and such.
  3. jwhert

jwhert New Member

im new to all of this, i dont even know what that means, whats the other kind of dif. and how does locking them help, i guess i dont even know what the diff is
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

the other type of diff is a Ball diffrental. WHat the diffs do is distributes power to one wheel or the other. Theres 2 in the car, one in the front, one in the back. If one wheel is spinning, it puts the power to the other wheel basicly. I lock my diffs due to it keeps both wheels spinning at the same speed, reguardless of if anything is hindering it or putting excessive friction on them.