Anyone use Digitrax PR1 computer control

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
Does anyone use the Digitrax PR1 computer control on the loconet? I want to tie my computer skills into my model railroading and dcc system. Will they program any brand decoder? (I have MRC sound decoders and Digitrax decoders, so I know it will work for the digitrax) Thanks.

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
Hi Nick, From what I remember when I was trying to find a PR-1 they will program any decoder, I was looking for one about 6 to 8 mos. ago and couldn't find any. Digitrax at that time was upgrading them and not producing any.

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
PR1 is now hard to use as you need a 16bit operating system like Windows 98 or lower. It does not work with Win 2000 and above (and please lets just forget about Windows Millenium). The PR 1 is also VERY picky about the serial port. If it is out of spec or a "short port" it will not work. I had one and it worked fine for me, but I heard of countless others having trouble. Only problem was my last Win98 PC finally died and I didn't want to make a boot disk.

Lately I have been using an SPROGII from England and JMRI software. Works very well.