anyone run boats in knoxville tn

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by rickrcboater, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickrcboater

rickrcboater Member

hi im looking for a club or anyone that runs boats in tn knoxville i run big gassers and glow and play with sail baots
  2. Brisnburns

Brisnburns New Member

hey i live in south knoxville and i am just getting into rc boating. i am trying to decide between the traxxes RTR blast boat or the megatech h2o boat. do u have any input towards this.
  3. casey

casey Member

what ever you dostay away from megatech
  4. Brisnburns

Brisnburns New Member

why stay away form the megatech boats. they are on that rc show for diy. i thought that they should be ok since they usually have top breand models on there. they had the T-maxx the other night. what boat then shoiuld i get? i want a RTR electric that is in the price range of $100-$160. and if possible upgradable. if any1 can help it would be wonderful!
  5. casey

casey Member

i just got the triton cat. it's got every thing but radio for $109 then you can gaet a futaba radio for $60 Two of my friends have megatech carribean cruisers and they wearnt happy with them at all the ended up ripping out the whole motor setup and buying a drill motor from me to put in it e- mail me fo more info smock559@aol.com
  6. toby

toby New Member

You can try Traxxas. They have three boats at http://www.traxxas.com/products/trx_marine.htm that are electric models.

2 "Villian" models and a "Blast" model. Traxxas makes decent boats and parts are usually easy to get for them.
  7. casey

casey Member

traxxas just came out with a new villian it pretty cool but also pretty expensive i'd get rid of the two 550's and put one hott motor in it peace casey
  8. Brisnburns

Brisnburns New Member

Should i get the traxxas blast,the triton cat, or the Zig Zag racer? I have narrowed it down to these 3. most likly not the zig zag though.what are the differences? any input would be great. Thanks
    Brian
  9. Brisnburns

Brisnburns New Member

or what about the megatech h2o boat? i can get it for only $106.98 with shipping and it claims 15 mph out of box. does any1 have one or heard about it. i know now that the cruiser is no good from megatech but what about this one? b/c i can find the blast for $165.09 RTR shipped but no batteries and the triton i found for $109 but needs batteries and radio. and te h2o has everything that cames in a box. any help is great. THANKS
    Brian
  10. rickrcboater

rickrcboater Member

hi south knoxville im in seymour email me ill give you my #
  11. casey

casey Member

i know nothing about nothing w/the h2o the zigzag is cool i've drove a few of them but there kinda kid toys they would be good for running while batteries are charging or for the pool but other than that i wouldnt have one for my only boat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.