Anyone need help with something?

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

ty923 the biggest engine you can stuff into an evader should be a .18. Should just drop right in, though you may have to mod the clutch bell and flywheel if your old one does not fit.
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

the stock nitro evader does come wtih a .18 by O.S.
  3. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Oh yeah, I forgot that Duratraxx switched to the velocity line. Duh, Well thats about it without a conversion kit or such for a .21+
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

you mean switched from the velocity line to O.S. line lol
  5. mpracing

mpracing Member

whats up everyone. first off, why go for duratraxx, ofna or associated all the way yo

6. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

i have owned a t maxx, rc10t3, winner sport ,and micro street force, and my friend has the evader. from what i have seen, i have had no problems with duratrax, and the fact that they replace any broken parts for 1 year, makes them even better in my eyes. they are cheep, and very durable. i even like my smartech better than the t3 i had. but that is just me.
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I had a street force and it was a kick @ss car and it ran prett good only down fall was the tires went bald fast but I guess when you drift at 40+mph that is what happens :D
  8. jota73

jota73 New Member

I just bought a new engine for my MTX3 prospec and need to buy two things that are left:

1. The pipe. The engine I have is a Novarossi NS15 5Ports, which one do you recommend?
    2. I have a 3PK Futaba radio for the throttle servo I have a S9402 and as I'm changing of car decided to buy a new servo for the steering, but I'm also confused, shall I go with another 9402? or Digital servo instead?

9. shortnsweet

shortnsweet New Member

how do I post what I am selling
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

What do you mean? shortnsweet
  11. robiwlso

robiwlso New Member

I have an HPI Nitro RS4 SS and cannot seem to get fuel to the motor. Any suggestions?
  12. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

It could be...:

Leak in the fuel tank/lines
    Engine could be warn out and have no compression
    Glow plug/clyinder head is not in/on tight
    Backplate could be not on tight
    Exhaust coupler or the header might be off
    Pretty much anything that can leak air out of the compression system will make fuel not come up the lines.

Try this. Put 1 finger over the exhasut pipe's tip and then eather pull or use your electric start to crank over the engine and see if any fuel comes up the lines then but stop once it gets to the carb or if you keep going it will flood the engine. See if any of these things is the problem. It only takes a few seconds to check to see if the screws are tight on those parts :)
  13. chewey185

chewey185 Member

i have a dirt oval modified outlaw body that my gf wants to paint she's haveing issues with what design to use. can anyone give me a suggestion?
  14. RC King

RC King Member

im looking for a motor that is designed to run 12 cells or more.where can i find one?
  15. savage4savage

savage4savage New Member

I have a savage 25 which ran pretty good all summer but then suddenly the roto-start quit and will not start my truck. It will olny turn the engine over part way.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
  16. digdug72

digdug72 Member

Does it get power? Or does sound if the gears just spin? if it's the stock hpi rotor start, they arent that great and they do wear out, try up grading to an ofna roto start, or you might try replacing the gears inside the roto start, some lhs sells the rebuild kit.
  17. Smartech

Smartech New Member

I need help quick! I have a Smartech on road drifter and it just won't start. i never had this problem befor but when i try and start it, nothing happens. The fuel tubbing is ok same with the glow plug. but when i turn the flywheel with my finger i hear a kind of grinding sound. Could this mean it needs a new piston and sleeve or could the crankshaft be rubbing against the backplate please help!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.