anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Look on ebay and on I'm pretty sure they ship to the UK
  2. daryl cox

daryl cox New Member

Hello Just bought a losi xx retro trans for jrx2 but it was missing all drive parts will standard gears and outdrives off a xx work? Also currently have a dirtburners trans in car now will the xx trans be any better? My friend has a xx he has better batteries both have 15 quads (old kinwald winds) we both agree my car is faster acc and top end this was not the case before I got the dirtburners trans(the old gears in trans only had 5-6 runs since replaced) but trans is loud how can that be more efficient?
  3. mpracing

mpracing Member

Why was it missing the drive parts? Was it used? OR did you buy it from a local r/c shop? The standard gears and outdrives off an xx may work, but you should look into the gears specially for the retro xx tranny, messing up gears in a wrong gear box can be the perfect solution for disaster. Try it, but be carefull, and if something isnt right, dont budge it.

4. dancall

dancall New Member

My car starts fine and idles fine when all of the wheels are off the ground, as soon as I engage the throttle and it goes in to gear the car stalls????

Any idea what I have broken now???

PS Sorry if this is the wrong place to post things!!!
  5. rustler

rustler Member

well why are your wheels of the grounnd in the first place? And when there on the ground does it work
  6. jackal575

jackal575 Member

i always start my car on the ground. i find it kinda piontless to start it off the ground
  7. rustler

rustler Member

i didnt even know people did start it off the ground. Whats the point? What does that do?
  8. dancall

dancall New Member

It won't start when it is on the ground, it just stalls, so thought i would start if with the wheels off the ground (to check that it would actually still start).

I had a reply saying that the clutch seems to be engaging to early and that I may need to reset my slipper. I have no idea how to reset my slipper? Any ideas....

9. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

tunr up your idleing it sound like it wont idle on the ground becouse when the car is off the ground the wheels are turning which will keap the enigne going slightly but they arnt turning fast enough so when you putn the car on the ground it will still idle try and turning the idle up then start ti ton the ground
  10. lostdogeater

lostdogeater New Member

hey man, my firend let me borrow his electric rustler and the motor isnt working. The speed control works , i set it up and everything, so does the steering, but the motor wont move :( thanks
  11. rustler

rustler Member

are you sure you dont need a new motor.
  12. how do you know the speedcontrol works fine??????
  13. to-fast

to-fast Member

is an associated rc10gt team factory kit a good buy i want to start raceing so anything helps thanks
  14. mnybgs45

mnybgs45 New Member

I have a new t-maxx, and 10 min into a good run the engine gets REALLY HOT!!!! Then it cuts out. I have tried every setting under the sun. The only way I can not to get it to over heat is to not use it. I dont want to destroy the engine but I want to play with it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! :(
  15. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

did you try richening the fuel mixture?
  16. mnybgs45

mnybgs45 New Member

yep, and then it sucks. And if I drive it hard when it is rich it still cuts out.
  17. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

try to adjust the idle
  18. Have you checked with the guys at They know their stuff.
  19. mnybgs45

mnybgs45 New Member

I'll try it.
  20. wee-man

wee-man New Member

hi i am about to bye a new nitro rc car. i want to buy the inferno 7.5 but i hear that the engin runs very hot and has low power is this true. i need some advice on wat car to buy. i want it to be a good powerful buggy that can handle bumby terrain. should i get the inferno 7.5 kanai version???