anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. mpracing

mpracing Member

well, I am gald you finally ot it to work. Ask anytime.

2. benny66

benny66 New Member

I was wondering if you could help me out. I just got my first nitro truck, duratrax mt, ya I know not the best, but its something to learn on. I have a yank eliminator because the pull start was a pain. I have never started it before and I can not start it now. All it does when I spin the yank with the drill is spins the crank. Nothing else happens, the engine does even turn over. Brand new glow plug and starter. And its getting penty of fuel. Any ideas?
  3. mpracing

mpracing Member

what do you mean it just pops? do you have the yankee elimainator connected to a drill? Thats what I do, then just keep the drill at an ok speed and make shure the glow starter is on and it is charged. Also make shre your glow plug is tightened with a washer is on it also, try to prime it 5 rotations, then tell me what happens after that. Dont prime it to much or you can say, good bye engine.

4. bluebus

bluebus New Member

i've heard you can add another fuel tank to in effect double the amount of time running your car. I have a Kyosho TR15 that i bought to bash about. Is this possible and what is the best way of doing it.

5. scooby

scooby New Member

yo how can i make my car stop breaking and parts for it i probly will get that engin cleaner crap i poped the bearing out of my yankelimaterhelp me please
  6. mpracing

mpracing Member

scooby i cant really understand what you are saying, please ask again, but bluebus, it is possible to have 2 tanks. If your engine is already broken in then this is ok, you should pick up another of the same fuel tank you own, tell me what car this is on and I can tell the best way of putting it on there. also some extra fuel line (duh lol)

7. bluebus

bluebus New Member

mpracing.....its on a Kyosho TR15.
    If you could explain how the other tank would fit, that would be great.
  8. scooby

scooby New Member

sorry my car keeps breaking and also parts for it. how can i better mantane my truck?
  9. mpracing

mpracing Member

well, before you run your car check every bolt and nut and make shure they are tightened, and dont thrash your car to much or it will break. With your yankee eliminator, they have been know to break, one-way bearings are not the best. I would recommend further use with a starter box. Just get a 2-motor system with a 12 V Gel Cell and a charger. You can get all that for under $100.00, it will be a good investment, belive me.

Is it on the Megaforce? Or Ultima GP?
    If it is the Megaforce, you can put it to the extisting one and zip tie them together (Use 2 Heavy Duty Zip Ties). If it is the ultima, do the same, just facing outward instead of inward. Hope this helpes, if not I will try to find out more ideas.

10. mpracing

mpracing Member

has any of this helped bluebus? scooby? anymore questions?

11. bluebus

bluebus New Member

yeah thanks for that not sure which one i have though. I just know it's a Kyosho TR15....your ideas sound good though. I will give them a try and let you know how i get on.

12. bluebus

bluebus New Member

actually i do know of somthing else to ask.......aparently on these cars the clutch burns out REALLY there a replacement you could suggest to last longer?
  13. mpracing

mpracing Member

I could recommend looking for a custom clutch bell that is coated with an special material like aluminum then hardened steel, they will run you about $40.00 but worth it, believe me!

14. rsherer

rsherer New Member

anyone know a web site that I can search (with the prices)to find a good starter electric car?
  15. mpracing

mpracing Member

try this place

and in the search box put

tamiya tlo1

or put in electric car</u> to look at a varity and the one for you!

16. bluebus

bluebus New Member

mpracing....another TR15 question....different car though

I've gone to start it and the pull start has slowly seized up...
    It was fine to begin with but after quite a few goes at trying to get it going, its got worse and now won't even pull at all.

Has it flooded?
    I thought it had and removed the glow plug and tipped it up and tried pulling the pullstart a few times but its totally seized up.....HELP!

How do i fix this? the rest of the car seems v.good

Any help would be great....
  17. mpracing

mpracing Member

It seems as if your engine is hydrolocked!

This isnt very good, this is really hard to fix. You should
    try to put in after run oil and try to pull your pull-start,
    put oil in the carborator and in the head (take off glow plug).
    If it is to hard to pull still, take the whole engine off and
    try to turn the flywheels by using vice grips, do this about
    for 2 minutes with putting in maximun 4 drops off oil in (2 in
    carb and 2 in head). It should losend up. If this fails, go to
    a hobby shop with your engine and tell them it is hydrolocked.
    If they are nice they will do it for free and help you, but it
    may cost you some money, but it will be worth it. Give this a try!

18. bluebus

bluebus New Member

thanks a lot for that reply........however i think ive fixed it, I took the heatsink off and under where the glow plug sits was a few TINY bits of metal shards....i got rid of them and now it pull starts fine! doesnt make too much sense to me why this has worked........but it has!

thanks for the response
  19. mpracing

mpracing Member

metal shards don't sound good but glad you got it fixed, feel free to ask anything, I am always here!

20. toby

toby New Member

I agree, metal in the engine doesn't so too good. If it works ok and doesn't seem to be down on power, then just check it every now and then and make sure you don't find any more metal. If it seems lack on power then it might be worth a tear down to find and fix the problems. In the future, when trying to start a glow engine you should never have to pull to hard on a pull-start. If it gets hard, loosen the glow plug to let it bleed off compression. Usually, i do this anyway, just a quarter turn until it starts and then tighten it back up. Makes for easier starts.