anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. nike6g

nike6g New Member

I am looking at purchasing the Futaba PK or the Airtronics M8. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments regarding either one? I have not really been able to find much as far as reviews on the web so any pros/cons would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for everyones time!
  2. rdegraw1

rdegraw1 Guest

Hello, I was wondering what is the best way to go to upgrade my DuraTrax Envader ST for raceing just between friends. We race alot at an old shut down airport thats now a park so it is on and off road and each of us want to out do the other so it gets very competitive between us all.Mine is still stock so any help would be great.
  3. mxking171

mxking171 Member

i dont know how much money u want to spend but a new engine would be a good start.
  4. Chab03

Chab03 New Member

i have the mbx pro and i have the hot bodies jump start and when i go to start it it doesnt even make the noise that it did with the pull start and the gas isnt coming up the tube, any suggestions?
  5. Snake007

Snake007 New Member

I just got a Sirio .15 engine. I can not get this thing to run. I have tried a number of brands and types of fuel. I have replaced all my fuel line. I have tried about 4 different exhaust. I have tried 2 different plugs ( one a cooler plug and one hotter)The problem is I start the engine and it seem to do fine to about 1/4 throttle. When I try to go past that it just dies. I have adjusted the needle all over. A few times I have gotten it to open up but it starts getting hot very fast. A guy that I race with bought 2 of these at the same time I got mine and his do the same thing.

PS this engine has the rotary carb

Any ideas?
  6. Dyne

Dyne New Member

I need help! I recently aquired a partially assembled Original RC10 Buggy kit from an old friend of my parents (I'm 13...) it was mostly assembled but needed a few parts for the transmission. Thus, I ordered the parts and fully assembled the car but the motor I had for it doesn't work and I don't have any other engines I could use. The original car needs a special gear head for the motor, any other gear head doesn't fit on the spur gear correctly. My question is can you remove an electric motor gear head and put it on another motor and if so, how? Also, I was wondering, how do you install a gear head on a brand new engine that doesn't have one? Thanks!:D
  7. speed_addiction

speed_addiction New Member

I am going to buy my first rc car in a month and i really need help deciding which one. I like the duratrax evader ep bx a lot though... i want something electric with a lot of speed, jumping ability and durability. My max price is around $190.
  8. sonicman99

sonicman99 New Member

Newbie here, just wondering what the basic rules are for matching a motor and pinion gear. I just bought a T4 and it says that I need a 48P pinion gear, but I noticed there are several to choose from. I haven't decided on a motor yet, but I was just wondering what things I have to take into consideration when purchasing the motor and pinion gear.

Thanks in advance!
  9. rustlerkid

rustlerkid New Member

hey mpracing
    i jus got a new rustler and i wuz wonderind wats the fastest enging i can get on it?
  10. mxking171

mxking171 Member

Rustler kid... is it nitro or electric[?] and i have been in the hobby for about 3 years now so... i can help!
  11. rustlerkid

rustlerkid New Member

my rusty is a nitro
  12. rustlerkid

rustlerkid New Member

do you have a rusty nitro?
  13. mxking171

mxking171 Member

did u get ur rusty with the new traxxas 2.5? thx[xx(]
  14. rustlerkid

rustlerkid New Member

yupp my rusty has a 2.5
  15. t3infernus

t3infernus Member

hey im gettin a 15T double for my T3. what esc should i get for under $75?[?]
  16. mxking171

mxking171 Member

isnt ur rust fast enough? because the 2.5 is a pretty good engine?
  17. rustlerkid

rustlerkid New Member

mx king
    nother ques can a stampede bodt fit on a nitro rusty??
  18. bradcasch4

bradcasch4 New Member

Hey, i got a hpi nitro mt off of ebay, and put an all new aluminum suspension, and components in the front. But for some reason it seems like my drive shafts don't make it all the way out to the tires. They stay in their place (where they are supposed to be) until i take it out and start cornering with it. Is there anywhere i can get longer driveshafts? or did i do something wrong?
    Thank you for your time,
  19. Overdrive789

Overdrive789 New Member

do you think a k&n filter will work for an overdrive st?
    i see pic`s of them on the t-maxx`s.
    will it fit and work????

20. E-snake

E-snake New Member

I have a maximum st pro and have stripped 4 differentals on 2 quarts of gs including break in. I don't know what is wrong and have to send it in each time because I don't know how to fix it. I am a newby. Thanks!