anyone need help with something ask here

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mpracing, Nov 11, 2002.

1. mpracing

mpracing Member

Ask your problem and I will solve it. I check this everyday, so I will get back to you about your problem within a day. also others are free to give advice when somone asks something.

mpracing
  2. scooby

scooby New Member

how do you put a baloon around the servo for water proofing[?]
  3. mpracing

mpracing Member

you may need another person to help to make it easier.

step 1:
    get a baloon and cut off the tip of it, just the tip, try to leave as much of the rest of the baloon as possible.

step 2:
    stretch the opening big enuff so the receiver can fit in it. (preferably have a friend hold while you handle the reciever)

step 3:
    once the reciever is in, you can repeat the step , but where the wire is coming out, have that at the bottom of the next baloon, so it will be nicely sealed.

step 4:
    you can skip step 3 but if it is safer to do it. now take a rubber band and put it around the reciever until it is snug. but if you didnt do step 3 use a zip tie at the end where the end comes out.

if there are any parts that you did not understand, ask again.

mpracing
  4. mpracing

mpracing Member

oops you ment servo, well here it is:

step 1:
    get a balloon just a little smaller than the servo. again, just cut the tip of leaving as much of the bigger part left.

step 2:
    take the servo horn of and cut a hole about the same size as the part that turns left and right.

step 3:
    have a friend hold the balloon and put the servo in (with the servo horn off) and put the the turning thing through the hole.

step 4:
    zip tie the end of the baloon were the wire sticks out and zip tie vertically the servo on both sides.

if you do not understand any of this ask more.

mpracing
  5. graydude_11

graydude_11 New Member

hey i was wondering if you know the best gearing to put into my electric rusty to get the best speed. i have a stock trinity p2k motor with the traxxas esc
    thanks
  6. mpracing

mpracing Member

what gear ratio are you running right now? Once I know what you are running I will be able to help more.

mpracing
  7. mpracing

mpracing Member

I think you may be able to run a 10/72. It is an gear set my friend uses on his rustler, but if you have electric it may be a little different. But my friend gets amazing speed, you should try this if you can. This is all I can think of for now, I will get back to you.

mpracing
  8. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Hey mpracing... Good Idea.
  9. graydude_11

graydude_11 New Member

hey thank mpracing i'll give it a try
  10. mpracing

mpracing Member

shure, anytime. hope it helped.

mpracing
  11. mpracing

mpracing Member

Also I have one more suggestion. You should try a 30/60, it is a newer setup, it will be hard to find these gears but it will go its fastest for shure, but nearly no torque.

mpracing
  12. siosios

siosios New Member

how do i port and polish my dynomite 12is there somplace i can read and learn about this--------very interested. thx

siosios
  13. mpracing

mpracing Member

siosios,

first, you should not attempt this unless you know what you are doing. but you should try to pick up a port and polishing kit at your local hobby store or order one online somewhere for your specific engine. If you know how to do it, go ahead and do your business, but if you dont go to a hobby shop and have them show you and do it in front of you so you can learn, I would tell you on here but I am not familiar with your type of engine, but I can give you directions what to do and where to go. you could read and learn about this in a dyno test book on engines. you might be lucky to find your engine with a port and polish test. But try what I said up a bove first, then we will go from there.

mpracing
  14. siosios

siosios New Member

ive got an os cv-r 15 as well as a dynomite 12
  15. mpracing

mpracing Member

just do the same thing with the os as I said with the dynamite, just follow the advice I said, then tell me how it went.

mpracing
  16. rcboy96

rcboy96 New Member

i need a pic of a blackfoot gear box so i can put mine back togeather
  17. scooby

scooby New Member

how to use a yank elimater please help me mine just came in the mail and i hooled it up and it wont start it jup pops i primed it the glow starter is good and all smae wint glow plug help
  18. mpracing

mpracing Member

what do you mean it just pops? do you have the yankee elimainator connected to a drill? Thats what I do, then just keep the drill at an ok speed and mmake shure the glow starter is on and it is charged. After if this doesnt help ask again what happens.

mpracing
  19. mpracing

mpracing Member

homie, I will try to get a picture, have you looked at their website? If I do get a picture, it will be posted here for ya.

mpracing
  20. scooby

scooby New Member

i foud the proble you have to prime the hell out of it for it to work in mine
    it is fine now thanks
    p.s. yes it was hooked up to a drill thats and obious on