Anyone Models Mont-Tor cooridor?

CN1

May 6, 2003
Anyone Model Montreal-Toronto corridor?

Anyone models the Montreal-Toronto coridor?

VIA Rail, CN, CP, GO etc..? :confused:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Well, strictly speaking I don't model the corridor, I model Toronto circa 1954-56. But, once I get my passenger track finished I do plan to run some of the trains that plied the corridor during that era, mostly pool trains, CN and CP. I have a lot of research to do into this.

I will also have trains from the Toronto-Buffalo run as well as my favourite passenger train: The Canadian.

Val

CN1

May 6, 2003
Great stuff.

My freelance layout is the opposite end:
Montreal-Ontario (not as far as Toronto : i don't have the room :cry: )
Montreal-US. Not sure where. Maybe NY?

cpr_paul

Jul 2, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The new layout concept I'm toying with right now would be to model the east approaches to Toronto Union Station (from Approximately Queen Street East to Bay Street). Not sure what era yet - I might try to do something that will let me move back and forth through time as I see fit.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
That's cool Paul! It sounds like between us we could have the corridor covered - how great would that be? :thumb:

CN1 from Montreal to somewhere just east of Toronto, CPR Paul from the east end of Toronto to Union Station, and me from Union Stn to Parkdale. I wonder if we could find someone to fill in the gap between CN1's and CPR Pau's?

Val

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't do the corridor. My railroad roughly follows Hwy 7 from Lanark county to Huron county. I suspect that we absorbed the Ontario & Quebec and possibly the Goderich & Exeter. That's when I'm running North American. Mostly I run British.

CN1

May 6, 2003
Lots of good & interesting :thumb: response

My layout is "freelance" and "generic "of the area, so with the exception of the [lift] bridge and viaduct it would be difficult to tell where it is, unless you are from that area. The bridge is the give away, and CN is the other.

The lines runs rougly south, south east, and a little bit west from Montreal (which I'm not trying to model = waaaaay too big :eek: )

My future plan (extension 5) would be to do a main line run in the
direction of Toronto (west). But that's in the future. :rolleyes:

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
The moderator of the Canadian Model Trains group on Yahoo is a VIA enthusiast, and is planning on modeling part of the corridor, I think the latest is he is looking at doing is Brockville.