Anyone knows a Mitsubishi KI-46-III model?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Alcides, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Alcides

Alcides Member

I've just bought an small book:

Bombers 1930-45 Patrol and Transport Aircraft by Kenneth Munson.

when I looked the pictures I see this very nice aircraft. I've found more pictures in internet and the for me the plane is beatiful.

I've found one old model from Modelarz, but I want one for the Ki-46-III version, with more glass in the nose.

Anyone knows about a paper model for this version?

Some pictures:

Attached Files:

2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

As far as I know there is none in 1/33 scale. Trotskiy could have it but I can't check because his page seems to have dissapeared...
    You cna always try to modify the one from Maly Modelarz...
  3. Texman

Texman Guest

Hey Mike,

Have you tried the new addy? Worked for me

@Alcides, Trotskiy does have the Ki-46 III, 2nd group of plane, 2nd row, 3rd plane. However, it
    is not available now. It will take awhile to come around in the rotation.

4. charliec

charliec Active Member

The Maly Ki-46 turns up occaisonally on eBay. But it's not the version you wanted - it's the Ki-46 IIIKai - the fighter version which had the same nose
    as the II version so that a pair of 20mm cannon could be fitted.

5. Alcides

Alcides Member

Thanks for the answers !!!

A shame we don't have a model for this plane. :(

Maybe I've to take the design route? :???:

And Yes, I've seen the trotskiy model, but I was thinking in a more detailed model.

6. mwangarch

mwangarch New Member

7. Alcides

Alcides Member

Wow !!!

Really a very nice color schema. Thanks for the link.

8. airbob

airbob Member

9. airbob

airbob Member

10. Richard

Richard Member

11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool!............ 2 new links for me to have references! Keep 'em coming!

12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Wow.................3 one was added before I could even finish my last post!

13. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

He has more than just a Dinah...
    I would like to have the Hiryu, Zuiun, Suisei, Shiden KAI. Heck! I WANT THEM ALL :grin:
  14. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I exchanged few emails with the designer.
    If we understood each other correctly (he used altavista to translate English-Japanese-English), all his designs are scratchbuilds.
    I'm tried to convince him to offer them to the public and maybe he will consider it......
    I would definietely buy all his Japanese planes.....
  15. airbob

airbob Member

Ki-46 III "Dinah" 1:72 Scale Paper Model "Fiddeling"

:idea: I have been "fiddeling around" with this Ki-46 "Dinah" Smooth-Nose cool-fighter8) and this is what I have come up with so far...this scale is done at 1:72 you who know me know I usually build at 1:120...but this is really teeny at this I enlarged it to 1:72 for now so I could see the fit still has some way to go..but I got the nose part for now....this will fit on the Maty Kit 12/91 that I purchased some years can purchase the kit at the previous site mentioned for the rest of the plane..and can just use the rest of the kit...slightly modified...I will keep working ...but got to get ready for work tomorrow...I'll keeep working on this...this is fun!!!:rofl:

Attached Files:

16. Alcides

Alcides Member

This site is wonderful

Really, I'm amazed for the quality of this forum. Everyone tries to help.

Thanks for the advices and the help. I've to get the kit now and wait for your "improvement" :twisted:.

Thanks for the link.

Thans for the info about the obayan models. I hope he chooses to publish it.

17. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Working on it :grin:
  18. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Bob my hat goes off to you, that is a great looking model and very kind of you to be designing a model that some members wanted. This forum is so kind hearted it makes me wish I knew how to design models so that I can help out others as well.
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool Bob!

Michael tell him at least one more is interested...................ME!

20. airbob

airbob Member

Ki-46 "Dinah" color scheme for regular nose version

I was also working on coloring and reworking the original version (non-smooth nose version) of this plane in the dark green/yellow and brown camoflage pattern with the "tiger" on the tail....there was a plastic model put out in this version by( LM? maybe...)I have finished the tail so far....I thought that this really makes a striking you see...I have far too many "irons in the fire" and should finish all this stuff sometime around 2050!!!:razz: