Anyone know of any really good dalek models?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by BazookaJo, Feb 26, 2007.

1. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Hi guys

As above - mate wants to build a full size Dalek, and I'm wondering if there are any good enough to scale up.

Thanks in advance

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Paul,

I surfed one time and found a guy that built a full sized dalek, but I'd be darned if I remember the link. You know how it is with google, there so much stuff you can enter a search the same way twice and get total different hits:oops:

check it out you might get lucky and find it......................I'm going to try again myself.

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Attached Files:

5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

6. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Cheers Bowdenja!

I found the Dalek Factory patterns, but they're a little low detail for what he's after, and the other more details sites are all fibreglass and mdf :(

The search continues...
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Use the new series Dalek drawings on the BBC site and scratch build. It can be done in card, just a boat load of it! I thought of doing it also, but I can see the kids and wife using it as a dust bin. The detail segments on the official Dr.Who web site give some great details to work with.
  8. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

I can't believe no-one's done a decent paper model of one of these guys :sad:

Okay, plan B - Anyone know of any good, free Dalek 3D files?

9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I came across this model of a Dalek. It's carved from amber.

However, I also have a really decent 3ds model. PM me a good email address and I'll get it out to you as soon as I can.

Attached Files:

10. Toaster

Toaster New Member

"Exterminate...Exterminate...Exterminate....Intruders...Intruders...In area
    This is the site which got me into this mess....:roll:
  11. bill516

bill516 Member

12. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

May stay tuned to this....

Getting a few 3D models of the helpful folks here, so will see what will or will not push through Pepakura with a bit of Tweaking.

Will probably be looking for a larger scale model than what you seem to be working on, but it's looks like it could be pretty good. Nice job on the head and skirt 'studs' - looks like you've solved two of the trickier parts right there.

Nice one.

13. bill516

bill516 Member

Its actually 1/12 scale taken from the full size drawings. So if you've got a printer 12 times bigger than normal your away.

14. Gearz

Gearz Member

You've probably been given this one (3ds).. Its nicely detailed, so just in case..
    Sorry I don't know the original creators name..

Attached Files:

15. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Nice one Toaster - seen this site before, but mdf and fibreglass are out of my league - great wealth or reference material though.

Cheers Bill, it's just the level of detail will need to increase if I'ts going to be supersized :(

Cheers Gears!! Will def. check this out

16. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Hey Bill - any chance of you releasing your creation some time soon?

Was going to attempt a big-boy verion from some 3D models, but it was just going to take WAY too much work, which I just ain't going to have the time for (the 3D models are a long way from Pepakura-ready).

As it stands, you'rs is definitely the best of the bunch.

Best regards

17. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

bbc are selling there own book of Dr Who models includes Dalek, Cyberman face, K9 and the Tardis
  18. mick

mick Member

about 12 months ago i bought a dr who magazine which had templates for a full size dalek but i can't remember were i put said magazine other wise i'd scan the plans. i know it had the first three doctors on it so it was a anniversery issue
  19. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

There are excellent plans available over at ProjectDalek:

It just needs a proper Doctor Who fan to give it the loving attention it needs...
  20. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

kinda off topic, BUT, I'd like to scale up a K9! That would be WAY cool!