Anyone into the oldies

Jan 15, 2007
Seattle, Washington
You want...OLD?

CAUTION LARGE PIX!

upbigboynewio5.jpg

Rivarossi, custom detailed and weathered

fleischmann462ny7.png

Fleischmann, has been repainted since this pic.

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
I finally found one and got it running.
I had to fabricate a geared insulated axle for it and do some repairs on the shell.
I still need to find some missing parts (air tanks, brake shoes and a light bulb bracket), but it is in running order.

Congratulations, Ray! Looks really good. :thumb:

Tom

EsPeeMEC

Nov 17, 2007
United Kingdom
Further Oldies - in the U.K.

I've got a number of HO units that qualify:

A CB&Q Chinese Red GP30 in a YELLOW Athearn box!;
A Lionel GP7/9 - Northern Pacific # 0597 with a bizarre driveline of nylon shafts and rubber bands to the trucks. Unfortunately it needs a new nylon shaft;
Various Athearn F Units;
An Athearn Pacific, with damaged motion unfortunately so it's a static external replica at present;
Two Lionel U18Bs, one in CP PACman livery, the other repainted from Soo Line to MEC;
a variety of elderly Tenshodo brass units.

I'll post photos when I get the chance.

CNJ999

Aug 21, 2004
Here's an old Tyco 2-4-2 converted to an 0-4-2 sometime in the '60s because I could never keep the lead truck on the tracks!

IMG_0312.jpg

Tom

Since this thread has been resurrected and its content perhaps being viewed by new comers, let me point out that the loco illustrated here is no Tyco. In fact, it is an early effort by Athearn, circa 1960, that was sold under the name the "Little Monster." Athearn based it on an MR article/drawings by Linn Westcott and it was an 0-4-2 by design.

CNJ999