Anyone in or around Kelowna

tinbasher

Sep 6, 2004
Kelowna,B.C. Canada
Hey Guys, I'm in the midst of building a layout here in Kelowna, B.C. What I would like to do is see if any of you guys are in or around the area so I can get some ideas from you. I have completed the benck work and and now starting to install risers etc. Planning on going DCC and need to SEE how it works.

Hope there is someone out there who can help!!

Layout: 22x14
Walkaround

Attachments

• GlenmorevalleyRR_edited.JPG
    GlenmorevalleyRR_edited.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 125

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Sorry don't live there, get there quite often as our daughter lives there, I know one other member of the guage, gary Haasdyk lives around there, also Kelowna and Vernon have great clubs, check in on them, join the club and get to know a few of the great people there. Ron

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Hey Glen, I was out there a few years ago when you had all the forest fires, but I haven't been there. We rented a house at the end of a street on the beach. It was really nice, it had a pool, seadoo's and it was about 1 minute from the beach!
I was thinking you could make your yard longer and double ended if you changed the plan to be a point to point with a reverse loop on either end. It would look almost the same as it does now, but you could make your sections of the layout a bit thiner, maybe 2 feet wide, and still have that penusilla in the middle. Just a thought, make sure you draw lots of track plans, before you start laying the track!

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Sorry Mike, Youv'e got the wrong forum member I think you were refering to Tinbasher. I've already got the trackwork built.
Anyway I unfortuntly was around in Kelowna for the fires but spent almost all the time in the hospital with a herniated disc in my back. If you ever get back to here give me a call.