Anyone have the Walthers Bascule bridge?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Nick8564, May 3, 2005.

1. Nick8564

Nick8564 Member

I have been looking at the Wakthers Conerstone Bascule bridge. I was wonder if anyone could tell me the length of the actual bridge not including the approach and building? What is the approach anyways? I saw on the internet where it had a footprint of 34 inches in length. I figured a bridge almost three foot long in HO was quite long. Thanks for your help.
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

...and tall. We have one on the club layout. I'll get measurements for you when I get out there. The thing is a monster and sure is cool looking, too. :thumb:
  3. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

well the one i got in box (need time to build) says span is 21.50 inches . is that what you wanted to know ?
  4. b28_82

b28_82 Member

We have a real bascule bridge at the club now? I'm not gonna know what to do with myself when i get back at the end of the month. Did pigs start flying or did something freeze over?
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

You have been outta town awhile haven't you? :D Yep, after 2 years of waiting, it's finally in...maybe that's why we've had 35" of rain in the last 6 weeks :rolleyes: I'll get a pic and post it tomorrow.