Anyone have SW Ontario Double Headers tour pictures?

galt904

I wasn't able to go this year since my brother in law got married. Anyone here go and take lots of pictures? In past years there has been a bunch from here that have gone....

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
I've got a few. I usually only take pics for reference on the tour, because it's virtually impossible to take good layout pictures during the tour what with the difficulty of getting trains posed, and people running around all over the place.

I did get some shots of two of my faves, though. Aberfoyle Junction is a remarkable O scale layout. Beautifully done with old-school techniques, scratchbuilt structures, and mostly scratchbuilt steam locomotives. Here's a few:

aberfoyle1.jpg

aberfoyle3.jpg

aberfoyle4.jpg

Graham MacDonald (I think that's his name - apologies if I got it wrong, I've lost my booklet) has an excellent layout representing the Ottawa, Arnprior and Parry Sound RR, with a beautiful rendition of Depot Harbour on Georgian Bay:

oaps1.jpg

oaps2.jpg

oaps3.jpg

oaps4.jpg

oaps5.jpg

Pooh Bah
I didn't take any pictures and only went to half a dozen layouts.
There's another layout tour in 2 weekends in Brantford -- details on CARM site.

(We signed in, then went to the RV show for the morning and bought a motor home. We'll be seeing some you guys in person, maybe.)

galt904

Thanks for sharing, squidbait. Those are 2 of the ones I liked best that I visited last year. Actually, I go to Aberfoyle every time I do the doubleheaders tour.

David, I will look into this Brantford tour, sounds like something good to do while real estate agent does open house of our home.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I think that OA&PS layout was in Canadian Railway Modeller a few years ago.

Looks great. Thanks for sharing. One day I am going to have to get to Aberfoyle Junction. I spent 5 years at U of Guelph without knowing it was there ('course, I wasn't into trains either at that point in time... :rolleyes: )

Andrew

Pooh Bah
Squidbait: It is Graham MacDonald. He has a number of contest quality buildings on the layout. I joked with him about 2 that won't win any prizes (maybe a Thumbz award) -- 2 freight sheds that are just stacked rectangles of foam with cardboard roofs. Apparently almost noone notices them.

train1

Saturday, April 14, 2007 2nd Annual Btfd. Model Railroad Layout Tour Register 62 Balfour St. (Balfour United Church) 9am to 3pm. $5.00
Also don't forget -
Sunday, April 22, 2007 Woodstock Model Train Show 10 am to 3 pm Woodstock Fairgrounds $4.00 per person
Fenwick Central Railroad Open Houses 2007 Apr. 15 & 22, Nov. 10,11,17 & 18 noon to 4:30 pm each day
Sunday, Nov. 11, 2007 TH&B Model R.R. Flea Market, Marritt Hall, Ancaster 10am to 3:30pm $5.00

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Thanks for posting those pics! I really enjoyed them. Beautiful work! I love waterside industry scenes and that complicated track at the station has me in awe.
Ralph