Anyone have read this book

Basic and Advanced Tips & Techniques for Styrene Modelling

I was wondering is I can get any coments on this book.

Is it worth bying, or are their any better books out there on Styrene Modelling.

Thanks in advance.

esmbook.jpg

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
All I know is everything i hear about styrene modeling from alot of guys is that its fast to work with but adhesives are still not the best to work with etc.

I see Jeff Wilson just came out with a new book(Kalmbach) On scratchbuilding buildings.

I'm a bit frustrated with thier 88 page format on these books (particularly on some subjects that really require alot more detailed descriptions etc.)
Jeffs books have been very well done in the past and i expect no less from this one.

Heres a description:
Learn the reasons for including structures on your layout, then select and build your own! Photo-driven projects demonstrate the tools, materials, and techniques used when modeling plastic or wood structures. This new book also offers techniques for realistic finishing, including painting, weathering, sign making, interior detailing, and more.

Softcover; 8 1/4 x 10 3/4; 88 pages; 225 color photos; 12 illustrations. By Jeff Wilson.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
If you haven't worked with styrene before, this would be a good book to get.
I'd recommend going to your LHS, and looking for other books, to get a comparison. What is good for me may not seem good for you, you won't know unless you can page through several different ones.
Pete