Anyone have pics of 'Solid Cold' reefers?

Jan 12, 2006
Southern CA
I was wondering if anyone has any pics of FGE 'Solid Cold' 57' mechanical reefers, and would be willing to post them? I bought the Athearn set of 2 reefers, one with the mispelled 'Solid Clod' logo (would it be too much to ask for a prototype pic of this exact car...), the other painted in the insulated boxcar scheme, which I plan to repaint.
In addition to upgrading the typical details - ladders, grabs, etc. - I've cut out the grills at the refridgeration end, and am adding fine brass mesh for the see-through effect of the prototype. If there's a pic anyone has of any road's car showing the detail of this area, and how the ladder spans the screen, that would be a big help. I'll post some pics of my project soon.

Thanks,
Chris

Jan 12, 2006
Southern CA
Actually, I hadn't. I spent a big chunk o' time looking around the net before making my post, and found a few pics, but Fallen Flags didn't come up, and totally slipped my mind. I did find a few good pics there.
Thanks
Chris

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Colton_modeler said:
In addition to upgrading the typical details - ladders, grabs, etc. - I've cut out the grills at the refridgeration end, and am adding fine brass mesh for the see-through effect of the prototype. If there's a pic anyone has of any road's car showing the detail of this area, and how the ladder spans the screen, that would be a big help. I'll post some pics of my project soon.

Thanks,
Chris

The prototype did not have a see through effect. The upper grille was the condenser of the refrigeration unit, and the lower grille was the radiator for the gen set diesel that powered the unit. See through grilles can give you more depth, but you will need to model a radiator or condenser behind them.