Anyone have any suggestions on modeling a Iron City Beer Plant from Pittsburgh?

Anyone have any suggestions on modeling a Iron City Beer Plant from Pittsburgh? I am looking for decals or suggestions on building a Iron City Beer Plant from Pittburgh, PA. Anyone have suggestions on how to complete the task?

Thanks,
Greg

Gimme an IC Light

Being a native Pittsburgher who transplanted himself to Florida I remember the ole Iron City dayz (opps...days) Pictures would surely help on this endevor. I will see if I have any laying around. If the are still in business (which I assume they are) you could contact the brewery for some promotional material that would contain photos.

:D

crcbeo

What kind of info are you looking for? If you need current photos, I could stop by for a couple shots.

Oddly enough, just yesterday I was channel surfing and stopped on the "city channel". Apparently CSX is working with the city of Pittsburgh to divest themselves of the line that runs north from Homestead - this is the line that serves Pittsburgh Brewing Co. AVRR may be interested in taking it over for now, but the city is looking at the property for light rail use in the future. CSX plans to beef up the mainline running along the south side of the Mon and Ohio rivers to fully accomadate double tracking-double stacking.

Yes, If you can get some pictures of the Pittsburgh Brewery Company with a digital camera and post them. That would be fantasic. Looking for an HO building that looks like that building and changing the signs, etc....

Thanks,
Greg

crcbeo

Got the pix saturday, should have time to post them when I get home from work today.

Man, that complex is bigger than I realized. I couldn't get some angles as the rear is fenced in, but I got shots along the front and enough of the back to get an idea how the rr track and docks are set up.

Those Pix take me back....

The shots you took are awesome and take me back to the days living in Pittsburgh. Thanks alot for posting them.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to take these pictures of the Pittsburgh Brewing Company and now I have a better idea on how to model this great company in Pittsburgh, PA. I hope to someday show it in Model Railroader Magazine.

Thanks again for the hard work and the great pictures.

Greg

I actually set cars off there

Last year I was on a yard job Y201? I think, that we ran over there after dropping coal to the boiler, then to the brewery. We leave caboose on main, and spotted a couple cars at the building. I heard a funny story of a new conductor who misjudged his width and knocked dozens and dozens of kegs over. LOL. Imagine that clang! Anyway, don't forget to put automobiles in the way of the tracks, just like the real thing! Best of luck!