anyone have any ideas?

hello everyone, im not sure if this post should go here, but it is concerning DCC. i have a NCE Power House Pro set and im wondering where and how you guys might go about mounting your command module on your bench work? i have tried to figure out the most practical way, but it doesnt work. i want to add several fascia plate plug ins to my benchwork, so if i have someone over they can just plug in. can someone suggest a good locoation to mount the command module so that i can still see my lights on it? thanks!:wave:

Gary Pfeil

I have a friend with a NCE system, he put his on a shelf built just below the bottom of the fascia. In fact, I have my digitrax chief mounted the same way.

Gary Pfeil

I don't but could take one, just not sure when I can get to it. Have a load of people coming over Saturday for BBQ, and my wife is already getting frantic. She'll want me helping her get ready and that's most likely just what I'll do!

However, there's not much to it. I extended a couple joists and put a piece of 1/2 plywood across them as a shelf. I use L girder benchwork, so that was the straighforward way for me to do it. If you're using flat table top type benchwork you can fasten some 1x6 or appropriately sized plywood to the underside using cleats then attach a plywood shelf to them. Cut a hole in the fascia for it. I don't have fascia yet in that area.

Might be a good idea to post what type of benchwork you're using, someone will surely have a good idea.

thanks gary, the type of benchwork im useing is open grid on 12" centers. it is all 1" x 4" and the tables are 2' wide. im beginning to get an idea on how to do it, i just want it to be done right, im no carpenter by no means. thanks!:wave: