Anyone fly RC airplanes?

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by smoothmoosh, Apr 23, 2007.

1. smoothmoosh

smoothmoosh New Member

If so, what's your favorite!?
  2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

I like them all. It's great to see some of the workmanship that goes into some of the RC Airplanes that I've seen.
  3. Frogg

Frogg New Member

i have flown for some time now, i would suggest starting with a good trainer.there are many out there to choose from, and very with skill level, if you are good with your hands you could build a kit. which is also time consuming if time is a factor or the ability to build something with precise measurements i would say get a RTF or a RTC which is a ready to fly or a read to cover. some RTF come fully ready to fly just charge start and the air is yours, in my pick i have grown fond of the P-51 d mustangs, piper J-3 Cubs, and almost all scale low wing planes
  4. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hi...I flew R/C for close to 20 years. Everything from trainers to scale and biplanes, helicopters, finally "settling" on aerobatic airplanes...commonly called pattern airplanes. If you're interested, look for a club nearby...Trying it solo will inequivocally lead to failure...And start with a trainer type, preferably one you build yourself and not an RTF one. They look nice but won't take much abuse...And abuse will be dished out...Believe me!! If you decide to take it "up" (no pun intended...)-HAVE FUN...!!!