Anyone else having problems with Firefox?

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by BARX2, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I've been totally happy with Firefox for a couple of years, until the past week or two when it seems to have developed some sort of bug that has made it too slow to be useable. Since it updated to version it began having problems downloading web pages with more than a couple of images. And if you should happen to have several tabs open and they are all downloading - well forget it. It's basically useless. I've searched online and found that lots of other people started having the same problem after they upgraded to There's no solution yet. I tried uninstalling it and backing out to an older version, but the problems persisted. Whatever they broke it seems to now affect any version of Firefox. I sure hope there's a solution soon. I am using Avant browser, which is really just a front end for IE, but it uses tabs and is fast. But I miss my Firefox and the cool add-ons. :(
  2. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Wow, I've been considering switching to Firefox from IE7 and actually downloaded it last night to install today. Think I'll walt a little longer. Sorry about your problem though Barx2.
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I believe the problem exists in the .xml files, which are control files, these files can clog up a browser and cause it to be sluggish. I too had an issue for a minute, but it seems that my AV prog took over and eliminated, or isolated some of the issues. I'll look into it and see if I can find a fix.
  4. BARX2

BARX2 Member

That would be great. Thanks! :thumb:
  5. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Fixed! You gave me an idea and I was able to fix the problem. I deleted the two folders c:\documents and settings\name\application data\mozilla\firefox and c:\program files\mozilla\firefox then reinstalled FireFox and my add-ons and it was lightning fast again. Thanks!! :)
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

WHOOT! Glad to help! :D
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

hey cool! will have to keep tha in mind :) mt FF has been a bit sluggish as of late too:)
  8. BARX2

BARX2 Member

One step I forgot to mention. I exported my bookmarks to a file before doing the above. Then, after I reinstalled Firefox, I imported my bookmarks. Don't forget to do that! :)
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'll have to try that as well, thanks.
  10. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Never tried fiefox, probley because I've never had any trouble with IE. Had a nightmare with vista though. I bought a new PC about 2 months ago, so I thought it was time to get vista as well. So I got ultimate 64bit full version. It was hell to get everything working, but now it's been running a while everythings great.
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Download and install FasterFox. It will speed up firefox substantially.

Firefox does suffer from serious resource issues. I notice that sometimes Firefox will suck up to 200megs of ram or even 30-35% cpu resources.

At first I thought it was a memory hole but... you close it and then restart and your back to normal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.