Anybody using this?

Why me

Mar 29, 2004
london uk
Visit site
:mad: My dear little lady bought me a copy of hornby virtual railway now heres the problem when i loaded this in text book style the problem is this it seems to start with a train comming out of a tunnel this is stop start and loks like it going in slow motion iam using all they things tey ask of mmory and speed and micro soft media 9 seires i have also downloaed apatch for this but the problem is still there will i ever get a layout i ask my slf this side 50 year year old as at prsent iam 46 and lossing 2 /0.mike HO FOR A BIGGER HAMMER

F

Fred_M

Without seeing, but listing to what you are saying, it sounds like you need a bigger video card and/or cpu/and or faster cd drive/ and /or more ram. Compare the specks of your puter with what's printed on the software box. The min required is absolute min BTW. No fudging allowed. To really run smooth you need 2 to 3 times the min. Also, look at your dma for the hdd and cdrom. They should be on. But if they ain't you may not have the correct IDE chipset drivers installed which would cause your puter to lock up or run worse if you turn dma on. So??? Good luck. And i'll give 2 to 3 odds you need a better video card. FRED

chipmonk

Mar 9, 2004
NJ
Visit site
like fred i also suspect a new video card but one things i would try first is to check your system tray(icons down by the clock) and if theirs more then say 2-3 close some of them out as they take up alot of ram also hit Ctrl Alt Delete and see if theirs alot of programs running in the background. just one program of sustantial size running in the background or system tray could be the whole problem!

hope this helps
Chris