Anybody use Micro Sol?

CNWman

CNW Fan
My Grain elevator says that this product will help apply decals by conforming it to irregular surfaces. Has anybody used this? My dad could only find it at some website.

65GASSER

I use it alot too. Works very well, but read the instructions about it! You can actually smear or stretch the decal itself if you mess with it while the Micro Sol is working. The decal may appear to have lots of little crinkles in it when its working. Thats ok, it will flatten itself out. Also after it dries, if there is a spot that the decal didn't lay down on like you wanted, apply more Micro Sol and lightly work it with a paint brush. Also look into some Micro Set. I use both when decaling. The Micro Set is like a very light adhesive for the decal. Hope that helps bub. :wave:

Gary S.

The MicroSol is great as mentioned. Also, if you end up with any air bubbles under the decal after it has dried, you can poke it with a pin and then apply more micro-sol. And, if the decal is going over rivets or other uneven surfaces, you can poke those areas with a pin and do the same. I usually apply the decal in the normal manner, let it dry, then apply the micro-sol and let it dry. Then look for airbubbles or places where the decal didn't pull down over rivets, etc. Poke those areas and apply more micro-sol. You can do this several times. But, as mentioned, do not mess with the decal when it is wet with micro-sol.

Russ Bellinis

I do a lot of Santa Fe Zebra striped switch engines. Without Micro-Sol and Micro -Set, I doubt if decalling these models would be possible!