Any Yokomo drift kit cheaper than $199

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by driftaholic, Jun 19, 2004.

1. driftaholic

driftaholic Guest

ive been looking for a cheaper price for yokomo drift package..www.RCmart.com has it for $199.99, but im cheap and cant wait to save up that much...plz if you no any cheaper place plz tell me
  2. Try Towwer Hobbies . I am getting the new Trinity T-Spec for $124 with tax and TeamTrinity is charging $200 for the same package with the motor battery and body. So check out www.towerhobbies.com
  3. Sorry just checked it is $230 something sorry for getting your hopes up or not.
  4. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

in my opion...if your not willing to pay a lot for a drift rc, i suggest you to buy the tamiya TT-01 chassis which is $80 for the kit and $150 rtr. the only hop up youll eventually need for it is full ball bearings and PVC's. if you buy the rtr, the ESC is good enough because for drifting you only need is high torque motors which ranges in 19T-27T. you dont need an ESC that can handle all the way down to 10T. i hope that helped your situation a little bit :wink:
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

You wont find it cheaper then $200. Ultamate(sp) hobbies sell the cheapest stuff and its listed for $200. Also, if your looking for cheap parts, tower is SO not the place to go...
  6. driftaholic

driftaholic Guest

thankz yo, i looked up all the options though...i heard that the TT-01 and the TL-01 both work...but they dont have good bodies. i want bodies like the ones they have on this site... http://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~yoitanbo/ziman.htm
  7. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

All you have to do is buy one of those bodies then. You can buy just a body. I dont know where to go to get one of those, but tower hobbies has some.
  8. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

hey im not tryin to get off subject but i must have that supra body!!!
    driftsleeper who makes that body??????

but yeah if you dont wanna spend 200 on yokomo get a tamiya car (any of em) and some PVC all tamiya cars can be really hopped up!

but id get a TL-01 cause they are a better in my experience out of the two
  9. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

i bought it from a friend with his kyosho gp MKII spider (nitro)...i dont think the chassis even came with the body though...i dont know, you can prolly check kyosho anyways :?
  10. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

hey!! this just in...i found the body

[​IMG]

it seems to be the kyosho body onnly without the stickers and as you can see, the front bumper looks shredded away...my friend prolly took of the mid division of the bottom grill. i hope that helped!
  11. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thats not it tho. You can tell because the front wheel well is scooped on your body...
  12. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

oh yeah...looks pretty good though
  13. yo will save more if u buy a tamiya kit.....u can get good deals from tower hobbies....i got a tl-01 with everything for 155$...and they also give discounts.....if u do get the yokomo, u have to buy more things...and u will spend 300$ fro everything..
  14. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

First... try slowing down on the double posting.

And he wants a Yok kit... not a tamiya. And you can get the full thing for less then $300. I understand that your trying to help ect, but a tamiya wont save in the long run. Most iv seen run MSC's... and the TX most people dont like. SO then you have to upgrade everything. And from my experances, they break easy.

The best thing to do is buy a Yok off Ebay. Theres some good RTR ones on there.

Just fair warning about the Yok tho... those drift tires suck. They last 5 run max. Some can last longer... but if they are run normal on GP3300's from peak to drop, they will last 5 max. The best idea would be to shop around for other cars, and use PVC.
  15. I think the Yoks are rip offs. The yokomo and tc3 chassis are pretty much the same. I'd rather get a RTR TC3, get a yok body, and smack on some ABS.
  16. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Didnt the yoks come out first? Cause the last 4 Yok electric kits and or RTR's are the EXACT same. Only diff is the bodys and or wheels. But the chassis' are way diffrent if you accually compair them.