Any shops in London?

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Pixel, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Pixel

Pixel New Member

that anyone could recommend?

I'll be there next week on business (Will be staying near Marble Arch) and figured I'd take 1/2 a day to shop. Figure I can get some Trix and Fleischman n-scale stuff to add to my layout.

Any info anyone has on shops in London or can point out to a resource on the web that may list this sort of stuff would be great.

2. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I'm not sure about shops in London -- they seem to come and go very quickly. I think land prices in London just wipe out the small margin on model supplies.
    Try the magazine Continental Modeller (published by Peco) -- they should have some ads.
    A quick look through Railway Modeller doesn't show anything in downtown London, but there area few shops in the suburbs -- Harrow and Leytonstone -- don't know about continental stuff.
    For magazines, most of the railway stations have good bookstores with lots of railway titles.
  3. Pixel

Pixel New Member

Thanks for the info, I will be looking into picking up some mags and maybe I'll get some info on locations within the city, I've been searching the net but havent had much luck there.

I figure once I get there I can just look up places in the phone book and make some calls, this may be the more time intensive route but may be my most viable option.

4. Biggles

Biggles Member

Try this web site

If you have a problem, just go to the peco home site and follow the links to the London map.

They show zillions of shops, not all in central london, but some would be on the tube.
  5. Biggles

Biggles Member

Just tries my link. It only takes you to Peco's home page.
    Click on the "stockists" gizmo along the top, then London.
  6. shamus

shamus Registered Member