Any pics on how to build maryII?

mapuc

The model of Queen MaryII has arrived and before I start building the model. I hope to see how others have done.

there are also som questions I need to know

1 thickness on the card I shall use

2 is it allowed to make a copy of an item to try build and see if it's ok? And if so, do it on the original copy.

Markus

jrts

Hi Markus

I would only build it from a scan as you don' know yet if it all fits until you build it.
If parts don't fit and you have already cut it up, do I need to say more.
For me scanning and building is fine as long as it is for your use and not others to use, sale or posting on a site for download (pirate)

As for the card scan it and try out various sizes and then go with the best for you, thats what I do.

Have fun with the beast

Rob

mapuc

jrts said:
Hi Markus

I would only build it from a scan as you don' know yet if it all fits until you build it.
If parts don't fit and you have already cut it up, do I need to say more.
For me scanning and building is fine as long as it is for your use and not others to use, sale or posting on a site for download (pirate)

As for the card scan it and try out various sizes and then go with the best for you, thats what I do.

Have fun with the beast

Rob

First of all thank you for the advice. Yes that's the way I gonna do it, scan a piece of the model, try it out, before I do it on the originale. There will be no selling og giving away anything from my model. The only thing I gonna give away is pics of how my building is procceding

Markus

NYC Irish

Hello Markus how are you doing,
I have the QM2 also but a in the middle of too much stuff to attempt it. I cant say anything about copying it but from the link below there are a few pictures to help you in your building process.

http://www.kartonbau.de/thread.php?threadid=661&sid=f35f8fe5a4503ba3755ecb4994a98597

From reviewing the kit I bought I do not think that you need to reinforce any of the kit, just use the sheets as they are

Best of luck and enjoy it

John john

Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Markus! :D

This is a great model, from what I have seen (yep, I have a copy too, something to be built down the road a bit) especially the plastic railing which seems to give it a very realistic look on the difficult promonade deck.

I can only second the excellent advices of Rob to scan and build from the scan rather than lose the original pages in the first build. The Kartonbau building site is a good reference too, but I hope you will also post a building thread when you start your model so we can enjoy watching this beautiful ship go together.

Good luck and hope you enjoy building her! :D

Cheers!

Jim

mapuc

Hi
I have now been looking at this kartonbau.de, but there's no picture of how i thick cardboard he used, when he build the hull and the frames(german=spante)

The paper is just to thin.

I had an idea of using the same thickness as Scopio did, when he started
on the Prinse of Wales or murbans Oregon.

For the bottom of the ship, I gonna use a cardboard who are 4 mm thick

About the building thread, then I have to buy a digital camera. Yea I'm one of those who haven't got one.

Markus