Any paper models available for the Santa Fe train available?

Discussion in 'Railroading' started by clif52, Feb 22, 2014.

1. clif52

clif52 Banned

Is there a paper model of the Santa Fe Train or something similar? I'm looking for something streamlined from the 1930s-40s-50s eras to enlarge to use with a Superman action figure. I'd like to make a diorama with Superman stopping the train with his bare hands, or racing beside of it.
  2. Chris74

Chris74 Member

I don't know about a Santa Fe locomotive/train available, otherwise I found an American locomotive (diesel, at least here it resembles that Santa Fe from Superman movie - I've searched on youtube that scene to see the loco type) here. I think you will have to download the first two pdf.s out there - first one being correctly named "Die amerikanische Diesel-Lok "Road Switcher", and the second one - namely ''Die "05002" der Deutschen Reichsbahn (Teil 1)'' has things belonging to American loco's mixed with the wheels and other elements of a steam loco Anyway, it looks like a pretty simple model, I would try some little upgrades on it (usig wire, paint, and any other useful things around) - maybe even the interior of the locomotive.

Good luck with this project!

PS - The scale of that loco seems like 1:87 or something like that, it also may be 1:76.... cannot be sure until it is printed on paper and compared to the real loco dimensions.
    Behzad likes this.
  3. clif52

clif52 Banned

Thanks for the link. I like the Red, White, and Blue paint job. Will look good with the big blue boy scout.
  4. Behzad

Behzad Member