Any one into live steam?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Livesteam, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

Muddy Creek.... yes there is a club in saratoga it is called adirondack live steamers and I am a memeber there, we have almost 2 miles of track and over 300 memebers this week end is our big Fall meet, you can go to for more info and pictures and dates.
  2. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

Thanks Livesteam. Great website. Wish I could make it down this weekend but it's not possible. I'll watch your calendar for next year though.

3. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

Muddy creek.... do you own any G scale engines? electric or live steam?
  4. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

No, I don't have anything larger than O27 Lionel. I'm interested in building an outdoors layout of some kind in the future, either through the woods at my summer cabin or possibly a small, yet large scale outdoor winter layout here at my house. I'm picturing in my mind sending the plows out after one of our fall snowstorms that dumps a couple of inches of light, powdery snow. I know, I have a slightly twisted mind, but I do like our winters!

Can't figure out how to keep the melting snow from shorting out electric rails yet.

5. Slick

Slick New Member

Hello Muddy Creek. I would not recomend using 3-rail tubular track out doors, it will rust out very rapidly. G-Scale track, except for Bachman is solid, mostly brass or stainless (expensive ) steel. Aluminum track can also be found but is very soft, it is also inexpensive. It is not impossible to run your O-27 stuff outdoors, check out "Thor's Trains" on the web, Believe "Uncle Thor " may be a member of this site.... Also see the "Garden Railroads" web site and forum, I think there is some good info for outdoor 3-rail with them. Good Luck!
    Oh yes, as far as G-gauge, (large scale) consider using battery powered Loco's..... no problem with track power or shorts then.
  6. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

If I do get to build an outdoor layout, I think I'd go to a larger scale than my old 027. Something I could actually see coming through the Spruce and cedars!

7. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

LiveSteam My grandfather emailed me back and said that he doesn't know the guy. If you still need that email address i will be more than happy to email some more of the ILS Members and see if they know him.
  8. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

Liversteamer. Yeah i am still looking for his E-mail so if you could do that that will be great. thanks
  9. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

livesteamer..... Do you know of any one that is selling a 7 1/4 gasser or any one selling some cars for that scale? thanks