Any one got a gas station on there L/O??

Thanks Val, but it doesn't have the finess I was able to make 20 yrs back ... Oh well, it fills a space :) .

Pete, Tyson grows roses so the gee gee's are essential :) .

Jon, that LP peasant with the ladder saw me use the last of my acetone a month ago! But he'll get his comeuppance one of these days! :cool:

Chris, I'm partial to the gas pump on the left of this pic. Dunno if I can turn one using the Dremmel and a file. I might give it a try.
I think some were still in use in the '50's.

Errol

Attachments

• gaspumps.jpg
    gaspumps.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 186

interurban

Errol they sell them over here that`s the one on my gas station.
I also have the Texaco, bought them last Saturday for about 3 quid:D 4 in HO scale.
Shall I find out if they do them in N gauge:p

jon-monon

Originally posted by interurben

Jon is that can HO scale :eek: :confused: :eek:

Nooooooooooooooooooo that's 1:1, in HO it's nearly a billion scale gallons! 'nuff to disolve the Walthers entire stock of Preiser LPB's!

spitfire

Errol, those old glass-top pumps (there's a proper name for them but I forget what it is right now) were definitely still in use in the 50's. Not in cities I don't think but I definitely remember them being at the little beach store/gas station that was down the road from our summer cottage. I also seem to recall that at night they were lit up inside....used to spend the better part of my allowance in there on comic books, caramel corn and jawbreakers. Mmmmm, caramel corn.......

cheers
:D Val

interurban

Hi jon I think thats the right name;)
Why are ya not at work???
I am of to the Hospital far a few checkups before they scope my left knee.

Erroll will get ya three of each friend.:) :D :D

You guys are sooooo helpful .... I'm learning every day! .. thanks friends.

Tyson, it was intended to be a surprise for you once I got it set up in a little scene ... but ... Jon blew my mind with the price of a plastic kit :eek: so I felt compelled to respond.

Cid, great links, but only the littleshopofhobbies states what gauge they are. Little beauties in that site ... thanks.

Spitfire, I'm chuckling again here. Those pumps were in use the 50's over here but I didn't want to let y'all know how backward we were then :) :D :D . Caramel corn's????? whatever happened to the penny Gob Stoppers?? :D :D They gave a good 1/2 hour's chewing! LOL

Good on you Chris, geeee, I wish we had big train meets over here. I hope it's all good news from your checkup my friend.

Errol

interurban

Thanks Errol I just got back the two test must be O K they did`nt throw me in ward 10:D :D :D :D

The right knee went out back in 77 the cartlige?? got ripped:( To many roundhouse snap kicks:eek: but I still fought and trained hard even over here:p
Untill:( 2 years ago the right one had to be redone suppose to wear a brace:mad:
Last December would you believe the ruddy left one popped:mad: Getting it fixed on the 24 March
Ever since I turned 50 it`s been down hill sniff no more training now:(
Thank the Lord for a nice quite time Planning on the R/R:D

Yep Tyson, my brass buying days are long gone.

Chris, that's good news indeed, roll on 24th huh? :)
I know what you mean about turning 50, I've been lucky so far (must be the amount of porridge I eat :D :D .) I'm intact (so far) though my brain hurts when it comes to following big layout plan wiring (are you listening Chris?? :confused: :) ;) )

I follow an ancient rule... "Keep it simple coz simple is beautiful"

Errol

jon-monon

Chris Ward 10 is not so bad, all the schmardt people are there, that's where they always put me.
hothead.gif

Errol, here's my rule: Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things!

interurban

Hi Boys:D :D :D :D :D

I like both sayings ;) Er jon were did that one come from little people influence?? :D :D
We use KISS :rolleyes: keep it simple stupid:D

Errol ya get use to wiring over ya head especialy when it ZZZAAAAPPPSSS you:eek:

Dare I say it any more gas stations:D :D :D :D

spitfire

Originally posted by interurben

Ever since I turned 50 it`s been down hill sniff

Oh I hear ya there Chris! Lately I been getting the feeling that I'm starting to rust. :D :D :D If I don't keep moving i'll never be able to get moving LOL!:D

cheers
:D Val

jon-monon

Well, the LPB's complained they couldn't work on cars without proper tools, so I worked some up last night, no excuses now, get to work! Not shown is the 4 way lug wrench (don't know what it's called in England, the + shape wrench to remove the nuts holding the roadwheels). Missing because I snapped it in half pressing the ends on :(

If I was to spend $18 it would be on all the teeny detail parts I simoly haven't got the skill to make ... like gas pumps, crates and such. [/B]

OK, mate, IOU one, so I made a set in N for your LPB's at Tyson Service Sta., can you e-mail your addy to me? Address in my siggy below or PM :)

Attachments

• tools.jpg
    tools.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 269

interurban

Hi Jon those tools will really have the little people jumping;)
This is H O scale Jon??

I think we call the cross bar Spanner:rolleyes: a spider;)

Nice work when are ya gonna market this product:D

jon-monon

Chris, I did several sets, some HO and a few in N, all brass except the "rubber" pad on top of the jack and jack stands.

The spanners a spider, seems I had a spaniel named spanner in the seventies, and a spider named sally in the sixties, so something seems sorta slippery about this silly spider spanner subject.:eek: