Any one got a gas station on there L/O??

interurban

That looks great Eightyeight I am gonna try and put a hoist in mine.

Hi Russ I got the cars on the Weekend cool eh.
Hi spit at least the old fools arnt cussing YET:eek:

spitfire

Hey 88 - I recognize that building! Isn't it the DPM Modular learning kit? I have the same one, but it didn't occur to me to do any interior detailing - think I might just "borrow" your idea, hehehe. Here's what I did with mine....

cheers
:D Val

Attachments

• garagesm.jpg
    garagesm.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 221

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Thanks everyone!
Thats right Val...DPM learning kit. It was a little late when I did it though. I have used a lot of the modular walls for other projects before.
You can't see in the picture, but there is a guy underneath working on the car.
Sure Val....Go ahead and steal.....uh....I mean borrow my idea.

What a timely thread Chris. A gas station is next on my layout and has to be a typical end-of-town thing to transition between a 1940's-60's town and a 19th century township.

Jon, I think yours fits the bill. I'm gonna pinch ideas from it like the split advertisement on the doors. BTW, are you sure those LPB's provide a "day and night" service????? :eek: :) :D

Dan, that's a great photo, just wish I could find that style of auto in N gauge and the pumps have style!

Sumpter, fabulous way to fill a tiny corner.... good thinking!

All in all I've been noticing the windows and doors and other such details on the pics you good folks have posted here.

Thanks again Chris.

Errol

jon-monon

Originally posted by kettlestack

Jon, I think yours fits the bill. I'm gonna pinch ideas from it like the split advertisement on the doors. BTW, are you sure those LPB's provide a "day and night" service????? :eek: :) :D

No service at all matey, just another of their li'le plastic lies to trick us outa some money. I found that same station, I think it's model power or someone, saw it in a model expo ad if I remember. I'll look it up if you like. Dunno if it's available in N. Oh, ya, it's a bdy shop now, but still 'as the pumps.

Did you decide to go N or HOe yet? I hear the N scale LPBs are a lot worst! They are runnin' some of the layouts up North of the border! They 'ave their owner kissing their rings!

interurban

Thanks Errol it turned out to be a very intresting thread, and it ain`t finished yet :D :D :D There may be some more out there yet:)

jon-monon

Aprils MRR has another pola gas station kit shown pg 85 and 89, pola #159, with newer 50's or 60's style pumps.

Lighthorseman

Here is an initial mockup of my proposed blacksmith-cum-garage for my layout. Made from matboard. I will likely try to post a little more if I ever get more work done.

Attachments

• blacksmith1.jpg
    blacksmith1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 264
YEAHHHHHH Steve!
I love the colouring of the faded planking and the stable doors is a nice innovative touch. I'm now thinking of the other bits and bobs that would complete such a scene.

Errol

interurban

OK Steve, that`s a good looking building Have you any scale horseshoes???:D
Guess you have to start looking or making a whole whack of stuff.
Hey jon can your liitle people make blacksmith equipment???

Keep us updated Steve.;)

Lighthorseman

I will likely post a new thread about this project, although I want to finish it before posting. I seem to start something, and halfway through, run out of time, steam, or both, and then the thread just sort of wanders into unfinished oblivion.

As of this day, the roof has been done, and I'd like to get the siding done next. I'm going to stop by Lee Valley today, and see if I can find some of those neat looking wooden business cards that MasonJar recommended. Some folks I know have an extremely cool blacksmith sign salvaged from a ghost town hanging in their living room. I think I'll take a picture of it for use on this building.

Next, I'll need to figure out what to do about detail. This one is going to need a lot of it. I'm looking forward to this project.:)

jon-monon

Jon, I think yours fits the bill. I'm gonna pinch ideas from it like the split advertisement on the doors.

If yu want one, mate:

Model Power
Billy's Auto Body

Walthers Part # 490-414, p. 588 Walthers 2003 HO Scale Reference
HO scale, $17.98, currently in stock at Walthers

04900000000575.gif

Not much more built up:

Model Power
Billy's Auto Body - Built Up

5 x 6" 12.5 x 15.4cm
Walthers Part # 490-575, p. 588 Walthers 2003 HO Scale Reference
HO scale, $21.98, not currently in stock at Walthers, Expected: 06-May-2003

Thanks Jon, but at $18 a throw I'll settle for my "home built" 50 cent N-gauge gas station :D
It's not complete yet but it's coming along (I have to correct all the mistakes that LPB made in repairing it) :D :D

If I was to spend $18 it would be on all the teeny detail parts I simoly haven't got the skill to make ... like gas pumps, crates and such.

Attachments

• pic00004a.jpg
    pic00004a.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 205

spitfire

Yeah!

Wow Errol that's a mighty fine piece of modeling my friend!!!! The detail in construction makes it look more like HO scale than N - that's a compliment BTW!!! Looks like your LPP are not nearly as lazy as Jon's!

cheers

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Looks like your LPP are not nearly as lazy as Jon's!

This one, the chairman of the board... is watching, as the deputy robber barron's vehicle gets a little more "horsepower" :rolleyes:
Pete

jon-monon

Thanks Jon, but at $18 a throw I'll settle for my "home built" 50 cent N-gauge gas station :D
It's not complete yet but it's coming along (I have to correct all the mistakes that LPB made in repairing it) :D :D

If I was to spend $18 it would be on all the teeny detail parts I simoly haven't got the skill to make ... like gas pumps, crates and such.

Oh, man that's 1000 X better than the plastico modeljo, man! Not to mention the cost! Geeze, I think you can get a lasar cut kit for that! We rarely pay list here. Sorry I forgot your models shrunk down a scale too...

jon-monon

Re: Yeah!

Originally posted by spitfire
Wow Errol that's a mighty fine piece of modeling my friend!!!! The detail in construction makes it look more like HO scale than N - that's a compliment BTW!!! Looks like your LPP are not nearly as lazy as Jon's!

cheers

Not to worry Val, dear barroness (hope I spelled that rtight), everything is under control again at the P-K Industires, no strikes and all the little plastic folks, my friends, just look up at me a smile and do whatever I ask them to. Gottem painting ground throws and doin a swell job at that! I found they just needed a little motivation:

ace.jpg

"Yessuh, we will paint them ground throws for you suh, what color would you like suh? And when would you like them done suh? And can we wash you car suh?"

A swell bunch indeed!

interurban

Errol, thats one nice looking building;)
Have you thought on the type of Petrol pumps you will install:D
sorry Gas pumps;)
O, and are ya gonna go with B P ? or a local one??

Jon is that can HO scale :eek: :confused: :eek: