Any OHIO members attending show?

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Are any OHIO (nearby) Gauge members attending the "40th BUCKEYE MODEL TRAINS & RAILROAD ARTIFACTS SHOW" in Columbus on December 9th? It would be great to meet up with anyone attending:thumb:

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
Cool!

I didn't know about the show, but I will try to make it there! My girlfriend lives in Delaware, so I'll be heading that way this weekend anyway. Where is it, and what times?

Also, don't forget to check out the official Gauge thread on name badges! That way we can all find one another.

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
Found it...

40th Buckeye Model Trains and Railroad Artifacts Show
Ohio Expo Center (Lausche Bldg)
717 East 17th Ave
Columbus, OH 43211

9am-4pm

Admission: $6 adults, 12 and under free

Ohio's largest combination model train and railroad artifact show. Over 325 tables with large operating layouts!

Exit #111 (17th Ave.) off I-71

Contact Info
Gordon Hartranft
58 Creed Circle
Campbell, Ohio 44405
330-755-1914
NLION02@aol.com

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
2-8-2
I'll be there and I'll wear a GAUGE badge!
I've been watching your thread on your layout and the new name etc....would have posted if I could have added anything constructive!....I couldn't:eek:ops: ...too new to the hobby but your thread(s) have been an education
Hope to see you there:thumb:

I would love to go, but I'm stuck in Cincinnati due to a PhD qualifying exam :-(
nkp174.....I don't think I could add anything constructive to your exam either!!sign1
Seriously though..sorry you won't be able to make it

I'll try and keep a better eye on ohio shows and post reminders so we can all make future ones:thumb:

OnTrack

Sep 24, 2006
Amelia, ohio
I live about 20 minutes outside of Cincinnati, in Amelia. Im in downtown cincinnati often though for work. Lots of CSX so I enjoy it lol. Any others from cinci or close?

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
OnTrack, there's an N-scale modeller that I believe is from loveland. He had a beautiful kitbashed B&O 2-10-2 for use on his railroad which included Loveland and Cincinnati.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
My Brother in law and I have plans on going unless something else comes up.Not sure if any of the club members are going.I can't drive myself due to health problems.

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
Well, I made it to the show, but I didn't see any other Gauge members there.
:(

This was only my 2nd trade show, and it was by far bigger than the last one I went to. There were 300+ tables there, and a couple large layouts set up...including an N scale one. It was pretty cool to see.

Overall, this show I think was more for memoribilia collectors than modelers. There were tons of lanterns, and just about everything in between. I did take time to browse through some of the paper stuff...rail passes, stock certificates, timetables, etc.

I made it out the doors without spending too much. I picked up a single dome tank car for my oil distributor, and an NYC 33' hopper. I also bought a book on coal modeling, which is excellent, and a kid's book on trains for my son.