Any members from the Carolinas?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by O_HO_Nfanatic, Apr 24, 2005.

1. O_HO_Nfanatic

O_HO_Nfanatic New Member

Hi everyone!
    Haven't been around for a few weeks. The Army, new baby and yard work has kept me busy. Just wondering if any posters are from the Carolinas? particularly SE North Carolina. I live in Raeford right by Fort Bragg. I am always looking for a fellow fanatic to shoot the bull with. better yet, I have never been to any shows down here. If any of you know of a good one please let me know. If the shows are limited to members of collectors organizations like TCA or what not, I can't do them. I don't belong to any clubs. Even if it is a general toy show that has trains I am interested because I collect other things that you might find at toy shows beside trains. I like to collect GI Joe figures from the 1960's and 70's as well as other 1/6th scale action figures. Trains especially Lionel will remain number one though.:thumb:
  2. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

I know of two shows in Raleigh. GATS wil be there June 4-5 at the state fair grounds i think. Check the GATS website. Then in November the Neuse River train Club holds their annual event at the fair grounds. This year it is 11/12-13. It's a great show. They always have an O-gauge layout and we'll be there with our S-gauge one.

Don't know of any others, They tried to organize one in New Bern this year but don't know if they pulled it off or not.

3. LR&BRR

LR&BRR Member

check the north raliegh model railroad club web site they list all of them in the carolinas and neighboring states
  4. 77railer

77railer Member

Im located in Sumter SC about 2-2.5hrs south of you on I-95. Used to drive to bragg every weekend to get my cousin. Welcome to The-Gauge.