Any LST's LCT's LSM's etc available?

jon_a_its

Hi there
I'm new to this forum, & have an interest in the D-Day landings.

I have several 1/72 & 1/35 kits of LCT's & LCVP's,
but would really like to build the following:LCT 4 & 5, LSM, LCA, Liberty Ships, etc, so what is/was available, & how could i get them?

I know that Accurate Armour & Deans Marine have the above, but at eye watering prices!

I would really like something that could be scaled to 1/35 or 1/72 & still look good, but 1/350 would be good to practice with...

thanks in advance
Jon UK

Fishcarver

Check out The Hobby Factory (For 1)

Hi from Canada! Check out the Hobby Factory catalogue for the GPM LCM3 in 1;25 scale; also the JSC kits of the "Mexico Victory" liberty ship (1:400), the "Tobruk" armed merchantman,and the Operation Husky diorama that incorporates a transport and LSP(L),LCT4,LCM3,and LCPs in R and S configs.
Jim

PS: Lighthouse Model Art also has a good selection including the above in their catalogue: Lots of liberty-ship types included!

jleslie48

one of my first designs was an lsm for my Father In Law who served on one during WWII:

Image63.jpg

alas is was a one of, but maybe this will give you an idea of how I (and you)
did it:

lsm_td.jpg

I literally cut up the 3 view and built the model. the side views had to stretched
by 10% to get the wrap to work.

jon_a_its

Fishcarver said:
Hi from Canada! Check out the Hobby Factory catalogue for the GPM LCM3 in 1;25 scale; also the JSC kits of the "Mexico Victory" liberty ship (1:400), the "Tobruk" armed merchantman,and the Operation Husky diorama that incorporates a transport and LSP(L),LCT4,LCM3,and LCPs in R and S configs.
Jim

PS: Lighthouse Model Art also has a good selection including the above in their catalogue: Lots of liberty-ship types included!

Thanks for reply, Fishcarver,
I was aware of the GPM kit, But i have this from Italeri & Airfix, The JSC kits i had heard of, are they any good, and could they be upscaled?
1/400 to 1/72 is 555.6% & to 1/35 is 1143%
The LCT4 scales out to nearly 6feet!

jon_a_its

Thanks Jleslie48, fine work!

I have that drawing, and others from that book, but i will have to try the JSC kits, if i can get hold of them!
I have details of a polish gent, but he does not take paypal, or credit cards, & bank transfers are too expensive!

thanks again...

jleslie48

jon_a_its said:
Thanks Jleslie48, fine work!

I have that drawing, and others from that book, but i will have to try the JSC kits, if i can get hold of them!
I have details of a polish gent, but he does not take paypal, or credit cards, & bank transfers are too expensive!

thanks again...

heres another view:
lsm200uf.jpg

what book is it in? I was given that copy as a xerox from a historian.

nebeltex

that last image is more interesting, from a design point of view (of the original). i think it is interesting that the compartments marked "troops" are between the "fuel" and the "engine", or next to a magazine! ballast (water) between the troops and the magazine could be handy for a low order burn in one's munition stores. likely increase any blast effect, not that it would really matter. very nice work. cheers.

jon_a_its

What book

jleslie48 said:
what book is it in? I was given that copy as a xerox from a historian.

Sorry, Title wasn't ont that trips off tounge, (g), If (big if), i find my reference copy of drawings, i will post title, author, etc...

The book was SPECIFICALLY about LANDING CRAFT of all types, try your local library, you might be astonished what you find...

Thnks for your help guys
Jon UK