Any KIT of Walthers Golden Valley freight house ?

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
All I can find is the N scale built-up version but I would like that structure in kit.
Does that kit exists ? or am I obliged to buy their built-up version ?

I know, I know I could buy the built-up version and take it apart :)

Tia for any info.

Jacques

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Thank you for taking some of your time to reply CNWman.
Unfortunately this kit is for the HO version and I'm modeling in N scale.
I'm afraid I'll have to buy the N scale built-up version. I have a very small layout and that small Golden Valley freight house is exactly what I want.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
No problem :thumb: I searched, and if Walthers doesn't have it on thier website, there's a small chance that they'll be found elsewhere. If you want the kit for weathering, the built up looks easy enough

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Don't forget that the Chinese who put it together have a "kit" of sorts to assemble!

All I can find is the N scale built-up version but I would like that structure in kit.
Does that kit exists ? or am I obliged to buy their built-up version ?

I know, I know I could buy the built-up version and take it apart :)

You might try checking out the Helijan A/S web site. Helijan is a Danish manufacturer who produced many of the kits Walthers offered in recent years. I heard about 2004 as kits came up to reorder amounts, Walthers was moving to having Helijan cast the pieces and then the pieces would be shipped to China for assembly as buildups and in many cases only buildups would be offered.

http://www.heljan.dk/web560.asp?

Heljan

The other option is watching train shows and dropping into hobby shops
for old stock on the shelves.

You may be able to confirm if there was an N scale kit, if you can get your hands on an old Walthers catalog from a few years ago.