Any Bend Trackers here?

steve.i456

I'm considering build my n-scale layout to bentrack standards and was wondering if anyone here could possibly give me some module ideas. I am planning to build in stages, thus I am going modular and I like the bend track system.

jesso

Hello, the N scale group of our club built a bend track layout, although we have been rather loose with the electrical standards and table height.

2005 Show

These pictures are from 2005 but they show the vast majority of the modules, the only one that has been added is mine that is in my signature. All the pictures that have skyboards are the N scale ones. Currently they are all set up in my garage.

I am building another 90 degree turn module so that I can filt the whole layout in my garage space (24' x 10').

Other modules that we have been tossing around: major bridge, coal mine, passenger station, waterfall, timesaver puzzle, Inglenook sidings, amusement park, other operations modules.

mooreway

Bend Track is great. I started the group Jesso belongs to. I choose bend track to be my home layout which with time has grown to the group of modules that you see now in the pictures.

The only change we made was to shorten the legs to n track height which is easier for kids to view at shows.

Russ Bellinis

What are you interrested in? I have found that a great way to come up with a layout idea is to look at the prototype for ideas. Many times a large industrial complex can give you a layout idea that will fit your space.

steve.i456

Wow, Thanks for the responses, I should of tracked this thread better. Right Now I have two six foot modules built. No track is down at the moment as I have been experimenting on how best use my space. As I do this, I keep coming back to the bend track system as a easy way to expand.

Russ,

I have an assortment of cars: Coal hoppers, Box cars, covered hoppers (grain/ chemical / plastics) and a few tank cars.
What I am looking for is an modern (mid90/s+) industry that will take boxcars, tankers and covered hoppers. I think I would like to stay away from a grainery type of setup and go for either a paper mill or auto industry set up. I once found a web site for a man named Andrew Martin that had a lot of industry layout plans (ho I beleive, but easy to rescale) but now I can't seem to find it.
Locally, on my way to work, I drive past a local coal power plant. So I know how I want that to go and it is very easy. So now I need to get a digital camera so I can share it. It is basically a two track siding (next to a double main) with a spur leading into the power plant. each track holds approximately 25 cars, each is split about 15 cars back for an access road. Also there is a lead for the 44 ton switcher so it never enters the main. I'm not exactly sure of the plant trackage, but I think it has atleast two tracks. I would model it as implied by just running of the edge of the layout.

riverotter

Midwest Alliance Rail Sys
I've looked at a lot of modular specifications (even though no part of my HO layout is intended to be transported, e.g., to a show). I like the efficient use of space of Bend Track; my primary concern is the "S" curves in the balloon modules.

jesso

my primary concern is the "S" curves in the balloon modules.
We have run an Athearn Challenger through our balloons with no problems. Long Passenger cars, auto carriers, we haven't had anything that has derailed on the curves.