Answer vs Marek kits

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Larry Marshall, Sep 9, 2006.

1. I was reading Carl's build of the Answer PZL-24 last night and noticed that DeWayne talked as though this was the same kit as the Marek PZL-24. I understand that Marek is the designer of the kit but does Answer = Marek and Marek = Answer?

Cheers --- Larry
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Look at as the designers being Freelancers

which ever company wants a particular model from a designer they pay for it

Mike from Gremir can probably confirm this also
    most of his designers also are published by GPM, Modelik, and Fly.

3. Marek Pacynski

Marek Pacynski New Member

My models be printed in Poland. Publishing house KEL, Quest, Ema2000, Answer, Fly Model, WAK. They in electronic form are accessible at DeWayne (USA) and SPI Shop (Europe).
    Is some problem from this?
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Marek..............No Problem......... He was just trying to understand.

I LOVE the new Yak-15.........It's looks fantastic, it's next on my to-do list!

5. No problem at all, Marek. I was just trying to understand whether all of Answer's designs were yours or whether my observation of the Marek PZL and Answer PZL being the same kit was simply because you were the designer or something else.

Love your designs.

Cheers --- Larry
  6. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Every designer, as long as he/she owns copyrights to the model can publish his/her work anywhere.
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

I'd like to thank you for all the great designs over the years, they are great just as you designed them, and they also make great starters for some recolors and modifications. As always there are a few "requests" for future projects: Fairey Albacore, Fulmars, in short any carrier aircraft. Anyways, thanks again, T
  8. Geez...guys. I probably know more about copyright law than most here but I wasn't asking about that AT ALL. I asked "does Answer = Marek and Marek = Answer?" and I've gotten all sorts of responses, none of which even comes close to addressing the question I asked.

The simple answer would be 'yes' or 'no'. From what I saw, the kits look VERY similar. In the case I saw, the designer was the same. THAT was the BASIS for my question, not the question itself.

I'll take these responses to mean that the answer is no but it sure is frustrating to ask a fairly simple question and then get all these well-written responses that have nothing to do with the question. Sorry I asked.

Cheers --- Larry
  9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

The simple answer is Marek designs for Answer. Answer has other designers working for them. Chances are, if you see a Marek kit which resembles an Answer, or any of the other publishers Marek mentioned, it is one of his designs.

10. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Sorry. I read much more into your question that it was there :roll:

Answer is no. There are few kits which Marek designed for Answer but he is not associated with them in any other way than designer - publisher.
  11. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

Good evening,
    Marek as of this time does not have his own publishing house but that is one of the goals he has set forth. He was intending to open one this year and is gearing up for it but as yet has not done so.

I believe when he does he will do well at it and I intend to support him in this as much as possible. We need another source that can produce quality models as well as listen to the fans and builders that buy them. I just hope the labors of a publishing house doesn't take too much away from the designer side.

If you look hard enough you will find some kits that are out that have not been released by me. Those are special commission works and are handled through the persons that ordered the kits (they ain't cheap, folks). One of those will be the TA-183 (I think) from Spishop.

Most of the kits he has released are in hard copy by the afore mentioned publishers and in digital format through me.

If I rambled too much this evening it's because I'm tired.
  12. I guess I assumed that "Marek" kits were from his own publishing house. All I know is that I'm very impressed with the kits I've bought from you with his name on them and plan to buy more as soon as I knock over another gas station.

Cheers --- Larry