Another Superb Space Shuttle Card model(s)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Hans Christian, Oct 27, 2006.

1. AXM61

AXM61 Member

AXM Shuttle models

Thank you so much for these comments and for the opportunity you all are giving me to introduce my site to other modeling groups.
    All this encourage me to keep providing you with my models, and making them more accurate.
    As a matter of fact there is a little error in ET files corresponding to STS-114 and STS-121. I just updated these files. It has to do with the bipod details on both the Intertank and attachment pages for both missions. Please review.
    For those who don't know, these missions introduced for the first time a modified bipod attachment points that has no foam on it, foam that was the culprit for the destruction of Columbia.
    In the future I will add a Historical page regarding every mission.

NOTE: I would like to know if its allowed to put a link to this thread on my website so others can read all of your comments.
    Please reply.

Thanks again,

2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

go for the link

thanks for the thought

3. AXM61

AXM61 Member

AXM Shuttle models

Thank you very much Rickstef.

4. AXM61

AXM61 Member

AXM Shuttle models

To Michiru and Hans Christian, thank you very much.
    I was able to see your postings in those forums you mentioned.
    Thanks again,

5. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

No need to thank us sir, in fact, we're the ones that should be thanking you!!!

Oh shoot!!! I forgot about the Aircraft Resource Center's forums!!!

Oh well, I'll just post it then :-D
  6. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Challenger Last Mission

I just finished the Challenger last mission 51-L, and the photo is in the FREE Model Competition thread here, to avoid breaking the rules on posting the photo on another place.

Building it gave me much understanding of the model, the historical facts of it, and Alfonso's great work on designing all these models.

I really enjoyed it, and I'm ready for the next.

Thanks again, Alfonso!
  7. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Alfonso, your email is not responding (the one in your web site).
    Any idea why?
  8. AXM61

AXM61 Member

AXM Shuttle models

Hi to all,

If you haven't noticed, Gerardo (milenio3) has entered a paper model contest with one of my models, the Challenger 51-L model. Check the following thread:

He had made it perfectly well. It makes me very happy and proud just to see my models being made by someone else.
    For the rest of the group, keep building and please post some photos here for us to see.
    Next week I'll start with the payloads. Stay tuned....

9. Hans Christian

yipe... sir Alfonso's Shuttles sure is great, but I never expected it to be THIS great!!!

I'm planning to build all 5 orbiters for our nationals next year :-D

BTW, sir Alfonso, I'm getting some great replies from our pals at ARC about your site, models & references!!!

here's the link:
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

ARC Air Discussion Forums

Thanks for that interesting link!
    I am a member of that forum, too, now.

Bengt :smile:
  11. Hans Christian

Please drop me a PM there sir!!! :-D My screen name there is Hans :-D
  12. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

WOW, Hans! That's a great idea! I really hope to see those in the Nationals!

I'm in the middle of the Atlantis 61-B (mexican astronaut flight), and seeing the first one built is a feast to the eye... so 2 are going to be great... imagine 5!!!
  13. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Enterprise and STS-1 Payload ready

A word to all Space Shuttle freaks out there, AXM Paper Space Scale Modeling, aka Mr. Moreno, has released the Enterprise OV-101, with original markings.

And the STS-1 payload, the DFI (Development Flight Instrumentation) pallet from mission STS-1 is available.

I'm still working on the Shuttle mission 61-B. Photos soon.
  14. AXM61

AXM61 Member

AXM Shuttle models

Hi to all,

Guys, I finally uploaded the first payload file. I want to thank you all for your patience. I've been very tight with my time and obligations that I couldn't give you this early. I hope everybody is happy now with the Enterprise model just added to the fleet. I have to thank our friend Bengt for his suggestion though. That will complete the history of STS program with my models.
    I do want to add that I am not completely happy with the way my photos are coming. I'm doing my best but still you can see that focus is an issue and also lighting. Starting in January I'm planning to do a full retouch to my website with improved building steps guidelines with more clear and better photos. That will take me a little more time, so be patient.
    You are more than welcome to give me your photos while you are building the models so I can added to my manual. I will credit you.
    The stack models will continue appear by random in a more faster pace, but the payloads will definitely take more time for me to put them. I need to design them and build them as well.
    With the add of these payloads now you can have a model with a more realistic payload bay area. That is the purpose of my site, to give you Space Shuttle modelers an accurate information about the Space Shuttle.
    Well, hope to hear some comments.
    Take care all,

15. Hans Christian

(singing) "Christmas won't be the same without sir Alfonso!" hehehehe!!! :-D
  16. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Challenger won Medal

In the last local club meeting, I entered the Challenger I made from AXM models. It won 1st in its category, and here it is.

17. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

Nice Going - CONGRATS!!
  18. AXM61

AXM61 Member

I can't be more proud than this.
    Receive my congratulations and THANK YOU.

19. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Challenger Card Model Winner

Felizitaciones, Gerardo - muy bien!

I´m not very surprised, though, that your excellent work is rewarded - you were definately worth it.
    You are an example to us all.

All the best,
    Bengt :wink:
  20. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thank you guys.

I had very good comments from my peers at the club. And they are expecting me to go to the nationals for the local club. I even heat 3 or 4 brains there with paper models. I hope they get caught on the wave.