Another Superb Space Shuttle Card model(s)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Hans Christian, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

No, Chris you're not a moron...I am...I keep clicking on the various boxes to see if any of them work yet...then I read the earlier post about it's still under construction; I gather none of the models are yet available, and won't be until Alfonso gets the time to build them first. Fine with me, I figured they are going to be well worth the wait.

Can't say how much this new webpage is such a great idea!

Thanks, Alfonso!!

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Bengt and axm discuss the 10 free models just a couple posts up. I suppose it doesnt really state they are ready yet though :) I can wait, keeping plenty busy!
  3. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Whew!!! Finally, sir Alfonso's in the forums!!!

Welcome sir!!!
  4. speedless

speedless Member

Alfonso welcome,what an entrance!
    Thanks for sharing,just downloaded the first,and it appetize my thirst!
    If the other versions are coming?,got to get a sekond HD.These files are big.
    Great work!
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

First Impression

They say the first impression is the most important. For the model of the STS1... clean, organized, step by step instructions with pictures (!!), and many details.

In overall, a clean work. Thank you Alfonso.

Now, let's build it.
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Indeed, what a superb looking model...I just printed out a copy.
    I'm working on something(s) presently, but I can' wait to start this one too!

Thanks so very much, Alfonso!

I'm really looking forward to building this one.

7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

NEW Columbia Space Shuttle STS-1 Mission Models

Hello Alfonso,

Let me express my heart felt thanks to you for these fine card models.
    I have downloaded them and I have printed (and enlarged) the orbiter Columbia - the quality is stunning.
    This is cutting edge card model designing work.

I´d like to second Gerardo´s opinion on your assembly instructions - they are among the best, most instructive I´ve seen.
    Thank you so much for your tremendous effort. I look forward to seeing the other nine models.

I´ll have to put all the other models aside for a while now . . .
    Next is the all-white External Tank and SRB´s of the first STS-1 mission.

Best regards,
    Bengt :grin:
  8. Hans Christian

Yup, the STS-1 era Columbia is a beat!!! Very nicely done!!!

Hey... wait a minute... now that I realized it, when the time finally comes when sir Alfonso finally put everything online, then that means the ISS assembly flights are also included so...

All right!!! Finally, there's someone who's gonna build all of the modules needed for the ISS!!!
  9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Well, Alfonso is in a race... a space race.

He now released his Challenger STS6 model.

In his web site, he states that "As a bonus check the "Cover page column" in the Shuttle Paper Model page", and he invites us to collect them all. The thing is, that you have to look for that particular token. I hope Alfonso won't be angry with me to give you all a hint... look for the green check mark in the download page. Each cover page will have its mission logo.

Anyway, at this pace, we have to plan each build just like NASA does it!! Thank you Alfonso!
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

NEW Challenger Space Shuttle STS-6 Mission Models

Thanks again, Alfonso!

I am especially impressed with the accurate colouring of the off-white and rust-coloured primer-painted External Tanks.
    The detailing is also exceptionally good - these will be really exciting to build.

Imagine the whole line-up, on a (VERY WIDE) book-shelf - illuminated from below, behind glass doors. Possibly with launcing pads and towers . . .
    What an undertaking.

This is indeed a very exciting and interesting card modelling project.

All the best to you, Alfonso,
    Bengt :smile:
  11. AXM61

AXM61 Member

AXM Shuttle models

Hi to the group,

Guys, thank you for your comments.
    Bengt, I would REALLY like to have that long bookshelf to display all my models, but.....Houston, we have a problem....
    My wife won't let me, that's why YOU guys should build one. :)

Check out my site, missions 41D and 51J are coming.

Thanks again,

12. Jim Krauzlis

First, let me say your models are superb! Besides the awesome fact that you are compiling all of the STS missions, the individual models themselves are just great!

Also, I love the scale you have chosen, which is my favorite for space craft. Just big enough for these vehicles but small enough to fit most storage concerns, at least for me.

I was wondering when you might be planning to introduce models of the payloads.

Thanks again!
  13. AXM61

AXM61 Member

AXM Shuttle models

Hi Jim,

Nice words from you.
    I don't want to say much about the payloads right now but once my first 10 models are up, then their payloads will follow.
    These are the first 10 models:

All these 10 models will show everybody all the different stack configurations since 1981 up to the present. And yes, you will see their payloads.
    Keep in touch,

14. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Wow, Alfonso, this is just an amazing effort. Thanks for all your hard work!

15. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Love the Progress so far!

Your work will be a great resource for us all. I am looking forward to your future releases. Great Job!!!

Th Mir Model you show on your opening page? Is it your own design? Do you plan on a publish of it? (Just wondering?)
  16. Hans Christian

HOLY COW!!! I'm reserving our laptop for this!!!
  17. AXM61

AXM61 Member

AXM Shuttle models

Hi again,

Thanks guys.
    My MIR papermodel is from my own design but in 1:200 scale. You can see some pictures in my "About this site" page. I am planning to scale it to 1:144 for next year but it will need a complete rebuild because of the scale.
    Model 51J (Atlantis) is coming tomorrow followed by Endeavour in its Maiden flight STS-49.

NOTE: I want to inform that my STS-6 orbiter file had a graphic error, in the wing area. Please download the new file I posted last night. The stack file for STS-6 is OK.
    Cheers to all!

18. Hans Christian

This is too GOOD to be true!!! I'm drooling!!!

Simply the BEST!!!
  19. gwssms

gwssms Member

Atlantis1 and Endeavour1 are up! :)
  20. Hans Christian

Sir Alfonso has uploaded STS-51L & 107!!!