another Southern Pacific SD40R

trainworm

i think i just finished another SP SD40R, at least till i find something else wrong with it[:D]

this is the one that started out as a Santa Fe SD40. i added the sunrise enterprises lights to the front and rear, added the beacon to the roof, and added the plow. this is the first time i used metal grabs instead of the plastic Kato ones, and i am never going back to the plastic "super fly" Kato grabs. they never want to go in the holes, and they love to fly off to places unknown. i painted this one with Floquil (SP Gray) and Polly Scale (SP Scarlett) and decaled it with Microscale decals. i kinda like this lettering scheme. i have only found proof of 3 locomotives done in it though. this SD40R, a GP35, and a GP38-2. i am sure there are others, i just havent seen pictures of them yet.

so.....tell me what you think! i know the battery box doors are wrong, and i need to do a better job filling in the rear number board holes, but other than that, it isnt too bad.

sp%20sd40r%207310%204.JPG

sp%20sd40r%207310%201.JPG

sp%20sd40r%207310%202.JPG

sp%20sd40r%207310%203.JPG

one of these days i am going to get me some lights to take better pictures with. you can hardly even see the weathering in these shots...

spitfire

Looks great Trainworm! Ya done good!!!

BTW, there seems to be some kind of train wreck on that bridge in the background!

:thumb: Val