Another Removable Eoad

Drew1125

I decided to try a different variation of the technique I described in the "Removable Coal Load" thread...
This time, I cut a piece of foam to fit the bottom of one of my 40' gons...I painted it a dark brown, & then glued on some bits & pieces from the scrap box

Attachments

• mvc-036f.jpg
    mvc-036f.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 197

Vic

Good looking load Charlie!.....Looks like the hand full of parts I had left over after I rebuilt my lawnmower's engine:D :D :D

cidchase

Hey Tyson,
We've got several of those Eoads down here in Olive Branch.:eek:
Are you for sure there's not one hidin' behind the pallet factory??
Take a close look....:p
Nice work, Charlie, can't hardly tell it from the real thing!!!
:D :D

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
...Course I will admit I never saw a Eoad in real life. :D :p :D :eek: :D

"Saw one down in the Bayou once... Critter made a sound you wouldn't want ta' hear twice in a lifetime, I tell ya'...":eek:

Hey Charlie, all "cheap shots" aside, these are great. I find myself collecting little scraps out of my "junk bins" at work so I can add them to a load. A lot of little pieces from electronic devices look like prototypical "junk" when you paint them. I never thought to make them removable. I like this idea a lot! Thanks for the idea...;)

Tom F

WVRR

Hehe, I too have never ever seen an Eoad and I'm from Canada, and I'm quite sure if there is such a thing, you would find it here, nor do I even know what one is, but I do know a good looking piece of rolling stock when I see it, and damn that is FINE. That is probably the best looking pile of "junk" I have ever seen, even looks prototype...LOL...anyways, great looking piece of equipment
looks right at home near that scrap yard. Nice job

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I dunno Charlie Looks like an Eoad to me, That's a Load, with a couple o' things stickin' out the top o' the "L";) :D :)

Ya' know... To poke "fun" at myself...
I can never get the "haphazard" look of a pile of scrap.
Charlie, do you just stick things on until they look right or is there a system to it? Every time I do something like this, it looks like a bad attempt at sculpture rather than a pile of junk, like it should look... It drives me nuts...

Tom F

Vic

Tyson, Hope and pray:D :D that those @#%! Eoads don't take up in your lawn:D :D :D There ain't nothing that will get rid of them:D :D and they'll keep you up all night hollering and partying!! :D :D :p

jon-monon

Originally posted by Vic
Tyson, Hope and pray:D :D that those @#%! Eoads don't take up in your lawn:D :D :D There ain't nothing that will get rid of them:D :D and they'll keep you up all night hollering and partying!! :D :D :p

Vic, I had Eoads in my lawn and I found a way to get rid of them. My wifes uncle, a Filipino witch doctor gave me the secret. You have to do this on a full moon. You need:

1. An Egak tail feather (which if you have a pet Egak, you'll know the tail feathers are on his front side)

2. 7 gecko tails

3. A bucket of Chammelhoffs.

Place the Egak tail feather on your head. Place one gecko tail in four seperate pockets, two must be on your left side, and two on your right. Very important detail. If you goof the tails, the Eoads could change into smepplehops, which you know you don't want. Just before midnight, throw the remaining tails over you left shoulder. At excatly midnight, dump out the Chammelhoffs and yell UNGOY ANA MO EOADS. The Eoads will be gone by sunrise. Then e-mail me and I will quote you a price for the recipie to get rid of the Chammelhoffs! :D :D :D

Boy, thank God I don't have these things. Due to the cat, every gecko within "catchin'" distance HAS no tail...:D :p

You know, in a quasi related theme, the Atlas Forum don't allow this kind of talk. They don't know what they are missing (he, he)...:D

jon-monon

Originally posted by tomfassett

You know, in a quasi related theme, the Atlas Forum don't allow this kind of talk. They don't know what they are missing (he, he)...:D

That's a sure sign they have a bad case of
Chammelhoffs. The Chammelhoffs have eaten the tenderest, tastiest part of their brain: the sense of humor.

Vic

Cheese and Crackers Jon!!!!:D I'm 'ascairt to go out in the yard now!!!:eek: THANKS!!!:) :D I needed an excuse to not mow the grass:D I had used all of mine up:D :p

jon-monon

And Vic,the best way to keep the Chammelhoffs out of the house is ozone. Yes, that wonderful smell, produced by arcin' and sparkin' DC motors, and the very best ozone, the best for chasin' away those pesky Chammelhoffs, my friend, can only be produced by a model railroad! How's that for an excuse!?!?! Just tell you wife if ya don't keep those trains runnin', the Chammelhoffs'll eat yer brains out. I'm sure she'll understand:D :D :D