Another project finished

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Here's another scratchbuilt structure, which is a mirror image of an FSM kit from a few years ago. I liked the original very much, but it was the wrong way around for my track situation, so I reversed it. You will notice that nothing as yet has been done between the tracks as far as scenery, this comes later:D
Shamus
newst.jpg

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
I had found myself wondering where this was located on the layout as well. I forgot that there was a new one being built! Shamus, I just can't believe your motivation! congrats on the contest as well.

Gary

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thanks one and all, I have kept one back for the Scratchbuilding Contest in December;) :D:D:D;)

Shamus

Originally posted by Gary Pfeil
I had found myself wondering where this was located on the layout as well. I forgot that there was a new one being built! Shamus, I just can't believe your motivation! congrats on the contest as well.

Gary

Yikes! I also forgot that you were building a new one. :rolleyes: Well, that clears up that mystery...:p

It's still a great scene, Shamus. :) I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of the new layout as it progresses.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Ya know, I was just getting interested in trying my hand at scratch building - (another thread has a station plan that he DISASSEMLED of all things.) Then he posts this - another outstanding prize - and I say -"self, maybe you should just sit here in awe and watch what the Master does next. Don't mess with the knife and wood - you will only get splinters or cut yourself. Maybe he will put one on eBay and then you could buy it and say that you have a "scratchbuilt" structure on your layout. Noone will ask if you did it ".:D :D

Everyone has said the things I would like to say also. Great work, Master of the "Scratchbuilding" Art.