Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it is all garbage as well as those that do it

• Some of that stuff should be in the art gallerys

• Total voters

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
You know, in all honesty, I find Graffiti unacceptable. I see it all over the place, some in very dangerous places. anyone who has ever been on Rt 440 just north of the Garden state parkway in NJ has probably seen some of the Graffiti there, includeing one where someone painted across a railroad girder bridge. how someone would be able to go up there and move across the whole bridge like that, painting words on there is beyond me. there is little to hold on to, and you have a 16 foot drop to a busy highway.

Not to mention while some of it seems harmless, others are quite offensive. Unfortuneately there porbably will be no end to it.

As for model railroading purposes, its a part of reality, but i don't think i'd want to "tag" up my rolling stock so fast.

I think a lot of the graffiti I see in my area looks pretty cool, and it's a big part of my modelling. A thick coat of graffiti is the only thing protecting a lot of the sheet metal on many of the locos remaining in SP paint. Judging from the weathering (heavy even by SP standards), I don't think the UP cares at all what the exterior apperance of units relegated to yard duty and transfer runs is, as long it's still running. I'm trying to get all the photos I can before they're sold off to shortlines or scrapped. I've noticed a lot of the taggers are smart enough not to spray over reporting marks or other info, so the railroads don't seem to be in too much of a hurry to paint over it. I know a lot of you won't agree with this, but it's just my opinion.
That's not to say I enjoy all tagging; the gang tagging where guys just 'spit' their name, quickly, sloppy, and one color, isn't great, and when people do stupid stuff just to ruin things (like climbing freeway signs and painting over the exit names) - that's just annoying, to put it mildly.