another picture

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
trying one more picture, don't want to wear out my welcome. This is a shot of "Mike's Landing" (Grandsons namesake) Another project on the same water course as the sorting pond. Kit bashed a coal tower for the buildings. The boats are a first crude scratch attempt.

Attachments

• mvc-012s.jpg
    mvc-012s.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 182

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Hi Tyson,
I found the flag on a printed sheet of signs that came with a Model Power building, I just glued it to a common pin. Darned if I can remember the building it came from. Would like to make more, which I believe should be no problem with my Paint program. I am hoping the scanned flag can be mirrored imaged and then glued back to back. The attached photo, although not too clear, shows some signs I downloaded, glued to styrene and then onto common pins.

Attachments

• mvc-013s.jpg
    mvc-013s.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 160

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Charlie and Tyson, thank you for the complements. Tyson I downloaded some clip art on a flag and with one of my picture programs I mirrored the image. Will try and attach the image in the event you can shrink it further and print it

Attachments

• flag, folding.jpg
    flag, folding.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 152

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Gosh fellows did not expect that much interest in my small layout. It will be an "L" shaped double loop if and when I can wrest the entire back porch from the misses. Right now the end section is 3x7 ft. with a 2x5 leg off that. Need another four ft. on the leg to complete the loops. The wife asked the other night why my tracks end on the edge of the leg, and wasn't I afraid my trains would fall off. Golly do I tell her? Later when the dust clears, I will add another section off the other side making a large "U" shaped layout. (Shhhhhhhhhh) I added another picture of a scratch built gas station that I modeled on one that I saw on a rural road in PA. Kind of sorta fits with my west coast theme.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I'm making little forays into a "zoning war" myself, Bill.
My technique now is, rather than an all out assault, is to whittle her down a little bit at a time.
They just don't understand that we model railroaders have this brain defect, so that the word "spare room" sounds like "train room" to us!
My oldest daughter moved out a couple of months ago, & I've had my eye on that new train...er...I mean spare room for a new layout.
When I initially broached the subject (the day my daughter was moving - bad timing on my part), I got the "don't even think about it" routine.
So I retreated back to my tiny N scale layout in the workshop, & have begun to regroup.
After volunteering my services to clean, paint, & buy some new furniture (ouch!) I'm beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel!
So, after I've completed some really long "honey-do" lists, I'm confident that I can begin construction on my depression-era Appalachian short line in HO scale.
Well, better go...I gotta lot of work to do!