Another newbie

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by emayday, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emayday

emayday Member

Regards to all......
    Not new to modeling in general, but cardmodeling in particular. Have modeled in plastic off and on for years but found myself looking for a new challenge and one devoid of spray paint! Ex tin-can-sailor myself, In lieu of not being able to find a Gearing class destroyer in card, have settled on the Digital Navy HMS Dreadnought to cut my teeth. Me thinks I may have been better off to start in a larger scale, but I'm hooked! Does anyone know if Gearing DD's are avail in card? Photos of in-progress build will be posted in my gallery. Excited to be a member!
    Ed Mayday
  2. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Hi Ed, look forward to seeing the pics. You will have a ball here, guaranteed!

Is it my imagination, or are we getting lots more new members recently?? Brilliant! The more the merrier!

Tim P
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Welcome to the environs..., hooked huh! It's all part of the diabolical plan to..., uh, drat, now I forgot what the diabolical plan was..., oh well, enjoy the place while you still have your wits about you. Pretty soon you'll be adjudged to have contracted the dread cardmodeling disease known as Total Attention Deficit Disorder unable to maintain course on just one model but starting one after the other till the clutter causes your better half to make certain condemnation noises and exclaim all sorts of ultimatums till the creative disorder is somewhat under control. Small solemn bonfires bring out the best in such ultimatum makers and will put you in good stead for several more months till it has to be repeated.

Otherwise, have fun and post pictures, Gil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.