Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by A C Spectre, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A C Spectre

A C Spectre New Member

Greetings to all.
    After a long hiatus from the modelling world, I have jumped back into the craft in recent months. I had always dealt with plastic kits and diorama building, but while net surfing the subject last week I stumbled onto some card modelling links. I was bitten by the bug immediately and have since split my free time between researching the subject and building anything I can get my hands on. Hopefully, with a little practice, I'll be able to build something worthy of posting here.

A C Spectre
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

don't worry about posting something that rivals anything you see here

i find that some of my best models are the simplest ones i do, take a look in the various photo albums for inspiration.

I have started some of the more complex models i have but they usually get put on the backburner because one of the simpler models catches my attention.

don't worry too much about it, you are amongst friends

3. gera

gera Member

4. barry

barry Active Member

5. A C Spectre

A C Spectre New Member

Thanks to all, believe it or not, all the links posted above are already in my favorites. I actually just finished a model of the Space Shuttle Columbia from the Delta7 Studios website. It's not perfect, but for a first attempt, I'm rather proud of it. If my son will let me borrow his digital camera I'll post some pictures of it.

Again, thanks to all for making a newbie feel welcome.

A C Spectre
  6. silverw

silverw Member

HI A C

Yup, that's what I did too..... Just stumbled in here a couple years ago,... haven't left yet! :shock:
    It doesn't matter what it looks like, ... just post pictures anyway. Lots of times, just looking at what someone else is doing, will 'spark' a new idea for what you are working on.
    BCNU.... Bill
  7. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Also take a look at our links pages

you will be surprised what you will find

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.