Another new papercrafter

devox

I have been wanting to do some warhammer 40k for the longest time but none of my friends are interested in mini gaming. I decided about a month or so ago that I was going to make some proxy minis to see if I could sucker a friend or two into playing. At this time I discovered paper miniatures in general and particularly the golden bolter society's collection. My first paper craft attempt and build was a predator from that site made out of paper glued to a manilla folder. I did not like parts of the build and cut some bits out of foam. I had no interest in painting and was using a permanent marker. at 80% finished I decided I wanted a fresher attempt at an imperial guard tank. I started working on a leman russ tank now armed with card stock and a bit of experience. Added to that a trip to the craft store to buy a basic paint set, I made and painted my 2nd model which was far superior in quality. I then made a chimera chassis and custom build a cannon out of a marker cap for it. I have also started making some camo net rolls and fuel drums to add to my next build. In a short period of weeks and 100 hours later, I have become a paper craft addict. I plan on raiding some garage sales this weekend to get some modeling bitz to add some dimension and detail to my next projects. After looking at the detail and quality of some of this site's contributors, I think theres a ton more to do with paper detailing.

Ariod Frost

Hey there. Paper Craft junkie here as well. And it also means I can produce my army at a far smaller cost. I had a short time span to prep for a tournament, and had to by a couple Razorbacks and a Typhoon to flesh out my roster. I have come to the conclusion I am going to make em out of card stock. I am working up a setup for the Rhino Chassis on my own if you are interested in maybe working together? (Rhino, Razorback, Predator, Whirlwind, and Vindicator) Hope to make a combo kit to build them all... :D