Another new guy.

opalmox

Hey all,

I've been trolling, and periodically commenting on the PM Dot com site for about a month, and several posts keep referring me to here... so here I am.

My first paper model was when I was a kid and I got a book of paper models for Star Wars. I built a few other paper models after that, but "graduated" to plastic and rocketry.

Several years ago (While I was mobilized with the Marine Corps for OIF), I came across a few free paper models of Star Wars, and some other odd ball stuff, and got hooked again. Then I saw the miniseries Battlestar Galactica. Remembering the classic Viper models, I went looking on e-bay, I didn't want to pay over $100 for a kit, but I did find a lot of good reference photos, and a decent copy of blueprints, so I wound up doing my first scratch build. I did it in 1:32, and at the time, thought it looked pretty good. It's still a decent model, but as with all things, as you practice, and get better, I can see where there's a ton of room to improve on it, and some day I probably will.

Since then, I lost track of the number of things that I have built for friends for table top games, and scratch built with my kids for school projects.

Now I'm on a quest to further improve my skills/techniques, and build some things that in the past I would not have dreamt possible.