Another new guy.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by opalmox, Feb 3, 2011.

1. opalmox

opalmox New Member

Hey all,

I've been trolling, and periodically commenting on the PM Dot com site for about a month, and several posts keep referring me to here... so here I am.

My first paper model was when I was a kid and I got a book of paper models for Star Wars. I built a few other paper models after that, but "graduated" to plastic and rocketry.

Several years ago (While I was mobilized with the Marine Corps for OIF), I came across a few free paper models of Star Wars, and some other odd ball stuff, and got hooked again. Then I saw the miniseries Battlestar Galactica. Remembering the classic Viper models, I went looking on e-bay, I didn't want to pay over $100 for a kit, but I did find a lot of good reference photos, and a decent copy of blueprints, so I wound up doing my first scratch build. I did it in 1:32, and at the time, thought it looked pretty good. It's still a decent model, but as with all things, as you practice, and get better, I can see where there's a ton of room to improve on it, and some day I probably will.

Since then, I lost track of the number of things that I have built for friends for table top games, and scratch built with my kids for school projects.

Now I'm on a quest to further improve my skills/techniques, and build some things that in the past I would not have dreamt possible.
  2. atomgas

atomgas New Member