Another new guy

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by tristate, May 23, 2007.

1. tristate

tristate New Member

Hello group
    My wife found this forum a while back and has been viewing it while I've been busy building the platform and getting it up and running. I'm new at it so it's a learning experience and I'll have questions. It's HO and for now I'm doing dc.
    My first question is about detection systems for block signals and crossing signals. I need some recommendations on who makes a system that won't break the bank.
  2. Go Big1

Go Big1 Member

Welcome to The Gauge! :wave:

I have absolutely no idea what the answer to your question may be. I am running DCC, and am quite the noob to this hobby. Regardless, I am quite sure that a few of the more knowledgeable Gaugers will chime in with some good answers.
  3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I imagine you hope to hear from people who have a system running on their layouts. I don't yet but I've been eyeing the new Atlas system. Here's a nice description with a little video if you haven't seen it.

Atlas HO Signal System

Glad you could join us Den! Regards to your sharp eyed wife as well. Is she also a model railroader?

4. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Welcome. I'm into 1920's logging railroads and about as complicated as they got was hand signals, lantern signals and if they were a big operation maybe a telephone to call for track clearance. Sorry that I can't be of any assistance.
  5. tristate

tristate New Member

Thanks for the response guys. The Atlas system looks good (simple and priced right).Modular is nice. I should add that I already have the signals. Both Model Power and Oregon Rail Supply without the yellow caution light.